Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help to identify these?

Options
  • 23-08-2008 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭

Just moved house recently. Previous owner was a bit of a greenfingers, left the gardens in very good condition :)

Theres a number of trees in the gardens, 2 of which I want to remove, I'd like to know what they are first, as it would help me to get rid of them.
    I've attached a few pics of them.

I think the first is a Eucalyptus, if it is, it has to go, the garden isn't big enough. The second is just ugly in my opinion ;)

Where can I get rid of these trees? I'd rather not chop/cut them down.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I'm no expert...
    I'd agree the first is a Eucalyptus, the second I think is a varigated popular. I can't see there is much else to do only chop them down..

If the second is a popular it will tend to re-shoot from the roots when removed, may be better to kill it first, then remove.

Cheers..
    bam

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭bardcom

lafors wrote: »
    Just moved house recently. Previous owner was a bit of a greenfingers, left the gardens in very good condition :)

Theres a number of trees in the gardens, 2 of which I want to remove, I'd like to know what they are first, as it would help me to get rid of them.
    I've attached a few pics of them.

I think the first is a Eucalyptus, if it is, it has to go, the garden isn't big enough. The second is just ugly in my opinion ;)

Where can I get rid of these trees? I'd rather not chop/cut them down.

And just be aware that the Eucalyptus grows extremely fast. I grew some in my garden and in 5 years, they're taller than a two storey house.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I agree with bbam, I cant see anyone taking a varigated popular off you, they are savage growers and their roots do too much damage for many of the locations they are planted in, people buy em in woodies and plant them in their front garden in the 3 bed semi, in 5 -6 years they will need to chop them down.

Advertisement