Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The All Ireland

Options
  • 23-08-2008 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭

Said i'd get the sliotar rolling.....
    Are many here planning on going

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I wont be travelling but I will surely be in some pub or other shouting them on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Yeah deffo going alright.

You can't beat the atmosphere in Croke Park on All Ireland Final day. Was in the Cusack for the Semi. Really impressed by the number of KK fans there. We were outnumbered by the Cork fans alright, but they had their double header on the day.

What's the talk about tickets around the town?

Anyone here live down around the border? Any craic down there?

Of course Waterford are being managed by this demented loon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ9tPNURw8w

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

As a deise man, I wish both team best of luck and hope the final is even better then the semi! :) As for Davey Fitz, you gotta hand it to him. Look where Waterford are now thanks to him (and of course, the previous management team and the players). Fair play. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I've been to every Kilkenny match this year with the exception of the Offaly game. I will most definately be at the All Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Sorry for posting here (not from Kilkenny) We were supposed to film the homecoming for the Kilkenny team after the All Ireland win last year. Unfortunately we got called out to Galway for an arts weekend instead. Very disappointed as I have never been to a hurling match before. What is it like? I have really enjoyed it this year as I am really developing a huge appreciation for the game. It's really exciting. It should be a terrific final and good luck to both teams. Kilkenny must have a brilliant youth set-up as there are always new brilliant players coming through to replace the older legends. Enjoy the final (those lucky to be able to attend)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 stillhere08

am an exiled Kilkenny man but will be back for the weekend, would love to go see the game if I can get me a ticket, looking forward to it, come on the cats:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

*raises hand* Am I the only kilkenny person that hates hurling with a passion???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

check your genes, Raze. If gene No. 3160427897 does not have a cat imprint, then you have the answer. Your real dad is not from Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I have a relative who came from Australia for last years final, and will again this year if he gets a ticket. That's a bit of dedication.

ha ha actually me da is from kilkenny and ive been livin here 11years. I hate the game with a passion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭irish fighter

ha ha actually me da is from kilkenny and ive been livin here 11years. I hate the game with a passion

up the cats raze if it was a kilkenny mma team i think you would love it
    its for the love of our team come on you got to love the cats

ha ha no i could never get into hurling...an all ireland team hampionship in mma...now that is a mega idea!!

Raze'll probably be at the All Ireland final sharing his/ her weird anti-hurling handicap with whomever will listen. I say to him, hey Charlie Carter, it's time to get over it.

ha ha no i won't, I'll probably be training, never could get into hurling, rather the football

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

So what do ye Cats think of our chances against ye? Our being Waterfords, of course.

1959....49 years is a long wait...will ye give us this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Sorry, we need this 3 in a row to keep those Cork langers quiet. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

So what do ye Cats think of our chances against ye? Our being Waterfords, of course.

1959....49 years is a long wait...will ye give us this one?

Not really a case of giving it to ye unfort, the better team on the day will win. But as the saying goes hunger is a great sauce and Waterford are surely hungry after 49 years!! Hard to call really

Stephen wrote: »
    Sorry, we need this 3 in a row to keep those Cork langers quiet. :pac:

Dont forget going one ahead of them in the roll of honour too!

Of course we want a KK treble and No. 31. But should we lose, it will be of great consolation that Waterford actually deserve a Championship, even if we're ribbed mercilessly for yonks afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 alicesloft1

Very noble and sportsmanly of you kilkenny cats,Djscarey.We as neutrals would not begrudge you your first treble in 95 years and to become top county for all -ireland titles but if the white and blues were to lift Liam i think hurling in general would benifit.We even play the ancient game in Monaghan, home of [spam snipped]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Enjoy the big game everyone. Never been to a Hurling match before but it is on my to-do list for next year, can't wait. Really exciting sport that's for sure as I have watched a good few games this year. Can anybody tell me what the support for the Hurling teams is like in general (Kilkenny included obviously) throughout the whole year? Worked on filming matches last year (editing work) and noticed low attendences during matches. Is the support big during the year in the earlier games with the die hard fans always attending? Do other people come out and support their team later as the competition goes on? Just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The All-Ireland championship games usually attract much larger crowds than the regular league games.

As the likelihood of county glory increases, so do attendances at matches. The National League has about the same importance for the more successful counties as the current version of the Milk Cup has for ManU, Arsenal etc fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Hey DJ Scarey, class username ;)

Indeed. It describes me perfectly with hurley in hand, I'm told. Stephen King has been in contact to advise on a Halloween clash-of-the-ash horror movie set in John Street at closing time.

So, did anyone get a ticket yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I'm on the clubs waiting list. So chances are I won't be going unless someone pulls out on the Sunday morning.

Just on a side note Kilkenny have never won on a year ending with a 8 (check it out if you don't believe me http://www.gaa.ie/page/roll_of_honour2.html) and have never managed the 3 in a row as already discussed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

ha ha no i could never get into hurling...an all ireland team hampionship in mma...now that is a mega idea!!

That would be awesome. Don't know if I would be eligible though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

mick_irl wrote: »
    So, did anyone get a ticket yet?

no, not yet.
    i still have one or two possible leads. fingers crossed......:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I got mine tonight! :D Lower Hogan stand

Advertisement