Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The All Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Enjoy the big final Nighwish. Should be brilliant. Going to see Backyard Babies in Manchester Academy (3) on Sun, Punk band from Sweden. Got asked to go by a few mates. Not my thing really but it should be a good gig. Enjoy the final. Come on Kilkenny. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm from Dublin with Kilkenny family so although I couldn't get a ticket to the final (boo) I'll probably head down to Kilkenny to watch it somewhere.
    However, went to Kilkenny City last year but there wasn't much buzz about. Any ideas where would be a good place to go and spend a night and really get a feel for the place? I'm not looking for somewhere with young folks and mad night life as such; just a friendly pub with a BIG screen TV and a bit of life, y'know.. I was thinking perhaps somewhere where a player is from or something perhaps..
    Any suggestions greatly appreciated. :)

I'll also post on the Kilkenny County board as I've just noticed there's two Kilkenny sections..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Got my ticket last night for the Upper Cusack. WOO!

Caderyn - If you want some good atmos for the match, you might be better off trying some of the pubs around Croke Park like the Big Tree?

Plus, if you are around those pubs on the morning of the match, you will pick up a ticket from someone at face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

So are we going to do it. Would be so sweet to go one of ahead of Cork ;):D

• Advertisement

We'd better do it or we'll never hear the end of it from the blaa's!

so who from here is travellin'?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

When does the match start? I only see some kind of hurling exhibition on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Kahless wrote: »
    When does the match start? I only see some kind of hurling exhibition on TV.

Ouch. Yeah it does look more like a practice session than an actual Championship game.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Jesus, what would have happened if we had broken a sweat?

Watched the game in Knock airport before flying out to Manchester, surrounded by very happy Kilkenny fans. In the end the juggernaut that is Kilkenny ran riot. Is there any stopping them?

• Advertisement

Woo-hoo!! Three in a row! :D
    Anyone know what time Kilkenny will be leaving the Citywest Hotel tomorrow and are they going home by bus or train? :)

Caderyn wrote: »
    Woo-hoo!! Three in a row! :D
    Anyone know what time Kilkenny will be leaving the Citywest Hotel tomorrow and are they going home by bus or train? :)

We'll find out in the morning. Usually 5:30 ish. They take the train down and then board a bus to the celebration stand [Usually the Parking lot of Dunnes. Not sure now since the taxi rink is there now]

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I listened to it on RTE Radio over the internet since I'm far, far away. Pity they restrict the TV streaming to Irish IP addresses only :(

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    We'll find out in the morning. Usually 5:30 ish. They take the train down and then board a bus to the celebration stand [Usually the Parking lot of Dunnes. Not sure now since the taxi rink is there now]
    Where will I find out tomorrow? I'm in Dublin at the mo so would love to go down to Heuston to wave them off from the station so if anyone has any more info that'd be great. :)
    So happy with this win, hooray. :D:D:D

Stephen wrote: »
    Pity they restrict the TV streaming to Irish IP addresses only :(
    I thought you could get it anywhere; that's crap. :mad:
    Hope everyone enjoyed the win, wherever they may be! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

What a great day! The minors were very very lucky with their win. The seniors were spectacular to watch and it was fantastic to be there on the pitch when Cha lifted the cup. Cant wait for the homecoming!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I thought you could get it anywhere; that's crap. :mad:
    Hope everyone enjoyed the win, wherever they may be! :)

You can get some stuff from anywhere, like the news and prime time, but things like GAA coverage are geographically restricted - RTE probably only paid for the rights to screen the games in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

My neighbours in London said this link posted on Boards.ie somewhere (prob. GAA) worked well today for both Minor and Senior games:

http://www.justin.tv/nern

What are the chances of meeting Kilkenny punk fans in Manchester? Very happy they were. Just posting from the Britannia Hotel in Manchester. Well done on a terrific and amazing win. First 3 in a row since 1913. Guess what I just had?, one of these from a can.

kilkenny_medium.jpg

Well done guys. Gonna have a few more very soon.

Where will I find out tomorrow? I'm in Dublin at the mo so would love to go down to Heuston to wave them off from the station so if anyone has any more info that'd be great. :)
    So happy with this win, hooray. :D:D:D

Listen to KCLR in the morning. They usually give out the details. You can also ring them if you don't hear anything on the radio.

• Advertisement

I thought punk died in Kilkenny when Malcolm Noonan became a Councillor, Denman. Has it risen again??

djScarey wrote: »
    I thought punk died in Kilkenny when Malcolm Noonan became a Councillor, Denman. Has it risen again??

You are the local dj. I heard Ballyragget mentioned in the background behind all the music, beer and everything else. Very happy fans I have to say. It is for that reason I asked the bar staff did they have Kilkenny, and they had it in a can. Happy days for all concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Talk about anhilation, Waterford are not that bad, just KK were streets ahead. The KK full and half back line is like a brick wall, simple as that.
    Thrilled of course but hard not to feel sorry for the other side.

DenMan wrote: »
    You are the local dj. I heard Ballyragget mentioned in the background behind all the music, beer and everything else. Very happy fans I have to say. It is for that reason I asked the bar staff did they have Kilkenny, and they had it in a can. Happy days for all concerned.

"'Ere, mate. Wot's all those Hull City fans doing abaht?"

01_crowd_hull_city_hall_470x352.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

well atleast Waterford got this far, they lost to a good team atleast :)

[EDIT]
    just reading the irishtimes and this made me laugh
    Waterford, poor Waterford. They weren't beaten. They were pummelled and then tied to a truck and dragged around the pitch as a warning to others. Kilkenny scored 33 times in a 70-minute game. They won by 23 points. They didn't lose a single battle around the field. Awesome is too modest a word for them.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2008/0908/1220629615031.html?via=mr

Just want to give an update that the team will be arrivng at McDonagh station at 6:30 this evening.

What time are they leaving Heuston do you know?

It should be the 4:25 train

Cool, thanks, I think I'll head down and try and see them leave. :)

• Advertisement

The 16.25 train i'd say? It's gets into KK for 18.21.

The 15.05 will get them into KK for before 5pm.

Advertisement