Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Earthing a wire for my radio

Options
  • 23-08-2008 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hey Guys

Just bought myself a new in car dvd radio and hooked it all up no probs..
    Went to play a dvd and a warning comes up saying that I have to pull up my hand brake to watch it, even if the handbrake is up it still wont play but thats because I didnt know where that wire went :confused:
    Been searching the web for a way around it. They said to earth the wire but I dont have a clue how to do that!!

Anyone have any words of wisdom??

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

AFAIK just screw it on to any part of the body

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

ya have to connect the wire to the switch for the handbrake light, ya will see it when ya take the surround off of the handbrake

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luder

You have two options, earth it onto any part of the body (bare metal only) this allows you to watch the screen at all times.
    It should also work if you join the grounding wire onto the earth wire of the loom (black wire)

Or you can wire it into the handbrake circuit, so when the screen only comes on when the handbrake is applied.

Advertisement