Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice about 02 problem

Options
  • 23-08-2008 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

My mother was a bill pay customer with 02 for ten years,her last upgrade was november 07. In March 08 she decided to switch to meteor,she rang up 02 who said that was fine,they recently sent her a letter or rang saying she owes them 500 euro or to get around it can commit to a new contract.

I realise this is a bit vague,i will try and get more info in a while but anyone got opinions on if they can go after her for the 500 odd?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If she actually does owe them €500 then they are perfectly entitled to get it from her (and so they should be). How does she owe them that much money though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Basically when you upgrade you enter into a new contract for 12 or 18 months. Her best option is to pay out the minimum monthly tariff to get out of the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭Trampas

If she actually does owe them €500 then they are perfectly entitled to get it from her (and so they should be). How does she owe them that much money though?

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

It's her monthly tariff for each month,i'll get the full facts and figures tomorrow :)

they have no record of the call and will not let her carry over the minutes if she decided to continue the contract.

thanks folks

i'll update it proper tomorrow when i've got the full info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭board om

they wouldnt let her out of the contract no matter how long she was a customer with them. so even if she called and told them she was thinking of changing networks and they did say it was fine, she would still be liable for the remainder of the contract. obviously it is fine by them if she wants to cancel the service as she is entitled to do that, but they will hold her to the line rental charges.

• Advertisement
Advertisement