Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas present for a garden lover?

Options
  • 23-08-2008 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

What would be a good Christmas present for a person who loves to garden, but has all the gardening tools that exist?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

A rare plant? or maybe a good gardening book, by someone like Christopher Lloyd or Helen Dillon?
    (BTW, I'm impressed by your organisation, Christmas shopping in August!:eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Tickets to the Chelsea Garden show!!

Bird Feeders - if they are into that.

A garden bench - there's a sale on at Woodie's with garden furniture.

As said before, books or rare flowers/plants, say like Orchids.Depends what their garden is like I suppose.

Or maybe go into Woodies or B&Q and ask is there anything new out on the market that would suit an enthusiastic gardener.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,384 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Bonsai trees?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Mr. Bean

feradejack wrote: »
    What would be a good Christmas present for a person who loves to garden, but has all the gardening tools that exist?

aside from the tools, there are some great ideas here Gifts for gardeners.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There are great things for gardeners on this site and they post to Ireland no problem.

http://www.greengardener.co.uk/gift.htm

I bought my hubby the Ladybird House a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

You could get a tool tidy bag or some garage/shelf storage solutions. See here for ideas.

If he's a veggie grower have a look around his garden and see does he have a small polythene tunnel. They're cheap enough to buy for one that's 18 inches side, 18 inches tall and 10 feet long. See here for the tunnels. Terrible looking website but it has some good ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Pickles1992

feradejack wrote: »

Has your friend a good knowledge of gardening or is it just a hobby, if the latter perhaps a gardening course or if not maybe a refresher course. There are tons of gardening courses out there! :)

Advertisement