Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software sampler advice

Options
  • 23-08-2008 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a decent soft sampler that I can use out of the box but still develop into. I don't make sampler based music but the odd bit would be nice so nothing too complex is required. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

frobisher wrote: »
    I'm looking for a decent soft sampler that I can use out of the box but still develop into. I don't make sampler based music but the odd bit would be nice so nothing too complex is required. Any suggestions?

native instruments stuff is alright, i think their main one is called kontakt or something, i'm sure they've a demo for that too

i'll check my plug-ins there and get back to you on it

edit - ok, i've used Steinberg Halion, the NI Kontakt (of which there is also a cut down version called kompakt), NI Battery and the sampler built into FL Studio so far, and they were all ok, i think they all have downloadable demos too so you can try before you buy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

The giga sampler or mach 5 is prolly the most popular, I usually just rewire the NN-XT from reason. Unless you are getting really into making your own sounds and adding synth elements to the sounds they seem to be much of a muchness... It's really down to the library you get otherwise.

Advertisement