Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loans...

• 23-08-2008 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Just a quick question to see if someone can sort out a problem, I'm 23 and have been in AIB since I turned 16! every week/fortnight (depending where I was working) money was going into my account from work. In the last 3/4 years my account has never gone below €1,000. Last year I took out a loan for €2,000 as I was moving house and needed to pay deposit and one months rent upfront. I had it completely paid back within 4 months (as I got the deposit back from the od house)! So this year again I need to take out the same amount for a loan to do the same thing moving house and I was declined, when I rang up they said they didn't know the answer but it was probably:confused:because I didnt have the money going into my account to pay back!!! This is rediculous! I'm VERY pi**ed off, I reappled to take it out over 2 years, if I cannot get this any suggestions what I should do? I was hoping to take a car loan out just after christmas but looks like that wount happen now, should I change bank?HELP:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's impossible to tell from a distance.

However, money going into an account isn't everything and at the moment most banks have tightened up their lending rules.

Changing banks won't nessecarily help, as your record remains the self. If possible make an appointment to and see someone, preferably the lender, in the branch in question and see if they can shed any light on your situation.

Advertisement