Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcana Comics

Options
  • 23-08-2008 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi all,

Just moved to Ireland (Wexford) from Scotland, and loving the fact you guys laid on all this rain for me. It's making me feel right at home, so it is.

Anyway, I recently finished the first script in what will be a four issue comic mini-series. I managed to get a fab artist through the Digital Webbing forum, and he's been working on some pages and sketches, and doing a fantastic job to boot. The plan was to pitch it to Image once we had five or six pages inked and lettered.

He took a couple of the pages to the San Diego comic con and talked up the idea a bit, and Arcana Comics have said they'd love to publish it. Their terms weren't great, but I've done some negotiating with them and have got a better deal.

Does anyone have any experience of Arcana? I've never even read any of their stuff, although from their website it looks like they have some decent titles.

Cheers,

TBC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

I reckon do it and get your first one under your belt and done with. I can think of a load of other companies worse than Arcana so if the terms are right grab it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 TheBeefChief

Yeah, you're probably right. Like you say, it's something out there with my name on it, then.

Had a look at your MySpace. Loving some of the titles you're developing. When you say you're looking for writers, is that for your stuff or are you looking for new series?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Well at the moment we have 2 titles that hopefully will be out this November then theres 3 more planned for next year. I need to fix the site as we arent looking for writers at the moment cause theres too much happening already to be honest. Maybe next year we will be lookging for people to get involved so give me a shout early 2009 and we will see what we can do.

Advertisement