Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Touch Pro

• 23-08-2008 10:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭

Sorry if asked before but is this phone 3G compatable? ie. Will it work on 3?
    I think the answer is no and the specs don't mention it but all these frequencies, bands and acronyms have me confused.:o

Network specs:
    HSDPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz
    Up to 384 kbps up-link and 7.2 Mbps down-link speeds
    Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

http://www.expansys.ie/d.aspx?i=169424

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

simple answer yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Beautiful phone.... wish I had the money for it.
    Plenty of video reviews on YouTube too,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

paconnors wrote: »
    simple answer yes

Good man pa, thanks.

May i ask how you know? Personal experience, technical knowledge?
    How come it's not mentioned specifically in the specs?

Not doubting your answer now.:pac:

Mr E wrote: »
    Beautiful phone.... wish I had the money for it.
    Plenty of video reviews on YouTube too,

Yeah class. Watched a few of the vids alright. Have a business cc begging to be hammered.:D

I'm using the xda orbit 2 (htc polaris) normally the htc phones are good

• Advertisement

features mine has gps, wifi, fm radio. bluetooth wm player

I'm using the xda orbit 2 (htc polaris) normally the htc phones are good

Ah jaysus, now you have me confused again.
    You mean the polaris and touch pro have the same network specs?
    You using it on 3?

So does the touch pro.:)

nope o2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

I've the polaris as well.
    Only thing i'm not mad about is the battery life.

Admittedly i use it for everything though- gps, phone, mp3 player, internet, pseudo-push email, PIM so it's hard to fault it.

How do you find it?

Thinking about getting the Touch-Pro alright.
    Only thing i don't like is the 18mm thickness and i wonder about battery-life.
    Otherwise it looks lovely- nice size for such a well-specced device.

Anyone know what are the names of the devices HTC are bringing out later in the year btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Ah jaysus, now you have me confused again.
    You mean the polaris and touch pro have the same network specs?
    You using it on 3?

So does the touch pro.:)

The Touch Pro (along with the more well-known Diamond) are like the next-generation HTC devices in that they feature a thing called Touch-FLO 3D. Kinda HTC's proper response to the iphone UI.
    As opposed to the previous (fairly basic) TouchFLO (seen on the Touch and the Cruise/Polaris).

I've only seen youtube videos of TouchFLO 3D but i have to say it looks very decent.
    Not as slick as the iphone arguably but coupled with the WM adaptability it seems pretty compelling.
    Some genuinely nice touches to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

I got mine on Friday from Expansys and I'm very happy with it. The phone itself is really slick looking. I was a little apprehensive about Touch-Flo 3D after some of the early reviews but it's very responsive and it looks fantastic. The weather app is really cool.

The only thing I'm not mad about is the camera, my SE K800i took better photos. Still, I'd highly recommend it to anyone that was considering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

MrSparkle wrote: »
    I got mine on Friday from Expansys and I'm very happy with it. The phone itself is really slick looking. I was a little apprehensive about Touch-Flo 3D after some of the early reviews but it's very responsive and it looks fantastic. The weather app is really cool.

The only thing I'm not mad about is the camera, my SE K800i took better photos. Still, I'd highly recommend it to anyone that was considering it.

How solid is the sliding mechainsm for the keyboard? I've got a slider phone at the moment and after a while it got very loose

Pretty impressed with what I've see so far in the Touch Pro - MrSpakle (or anyone else for that matter), did you get to try it out "hands on" anywhere first?

How solid is the sliding mechainsm for the keyboard? I've got a slider phone at the moment and after a while it got very loose

Pretty impressed with what I've see so far in the Touch Pro - MrSpakle (or anyone else for that matter), did you get to try it out "hands on" anywhere first?

Got mine from Komplett in the end last friday and I'm seriously impressed. Having had an N95 i was a bit wary but it's streets ahead of it IMHO.

The camera is a bit lower spec but the quality is still great with the added bonus of being able to GPS tag the pictures.

The slider is smooth and solid but i suppose like all moving parts time will tell.
    The keyboard is one of the major plus's for me. Easy to use and fast.

Smaller that I expected and oceans of apps for it.

Overall 9/10:)

It's pretty solid but I do think it could cause a problem in the future as the overlap between the main body of the phone and the screen is not that big. It comes with a leather pouch so I've been putting it that to protect it.

Didn't get to try it out anywhere beforehand, i just looked at as many of the reviews and videos of it i could find. I was looking at it or the Xperia since they were announced so i had made up my mind that if the reviews were good I'd go for it.

The keyboard is great in it, it's really easy to type as each of the keys is raised, the xperia's keyboard is not supposed to be as nice to type on. Got the 250MB data plan from o2 so been playing with the internet and email and gps on it, Opera works really well. It's smaller than i thought it was going to be also.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

cheers MrSparkle and kaizersoze...
    I'm almost sold :D
    I'll do a little more digging first though.

BTW, have either of you added a microSD card to it yet? Will is support the 32GB card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,131 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Got mine from Komplett in the end last friday and I'm seriously impressed. Having had an N95 i was a bit wary but it's streets ahead of it IMHO.

The camera is a bit lower spec but the quality is still great with the added bonus of being able to GPS tag the pictures.

The slider is smooth and solid but i suppose like all moving parts time will tell.
    The keyboard is one of the major plus's for me. Easy to use and fast.

Smaller that I expected and oceans of apps for it.

Overall 9/10:)

just as an aside you do know the latest n95 firmware has geo tagging

Added a 2gig card. I've read in a few places that it does support 32gig but I can't confirm it.

One of the reasons I deducted a point was that it didn't come with one.:o

On HTC's website it says it's SD 2.0 compatible so it should take the 32GB card. I haven't bought a card yet.

Also wikipedia says it supports 32GB cards: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTC_Touch_Pro

Cyrus wrote: »
    just as an aside you do know the latest n95 firmware has geo tagging

Didn't know that. Thanks for telling me now though.:p
    I never got on well with the N95 GPS .
    Always found it slow to lock and a bit fiddly but maybe twas just me.

On the subject of GPS, can anyone recommend good satnav software for Touch pro and WM6? Preferrably one that can be bought online and downloaded without having to buy it on it's own sd card or DVD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,131 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Didn't know that. Thanks for telling me now though.:p
    I never got on well with the N95 GPS .
    Always found it slow to lock and a bit fiddly but maybe twas just me.

On the subject of GPS, can anyone recommend good satnav software for Touch pro and WM6? Preferrably one that can be bought online and downloaded without having to buy it on it's own sd card or DVD.

i agree with you re the gps it was slow, i subsequently got an n82 and it was miles better

• Advertisement
Advertisement