Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees payable for 'drop out' student

Options
  • 23-08-2008 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Apologies in advance if this question has already been covered.

For a student who attended UCD as an undergraduate in September 2007 and dropped out in December 2007, what fees will be payable to DIT when they recommence their studies there in September 2008? My understanding is that it will be half of the first years fee i.e. the duplicated part. Is this correct?

Also, is the registration fee payable each year or is it a one-off payment prior to commencement of first year?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

AFAIK If you withdrew formally from the course by a certain date you only pay half fees the next time you do first year. I think the withdrawal has to be in writing and in before the end of the calendar year although don't quote me on that. Not sure about registration fees but capitation is payable every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

I was in the same boat last year. Got charged half of one year's fees, along with registration fee. Registration fee has to be paid each year.

Advertisement