Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brian Kendrick

• 23-08-2008 10:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭

Just wondering what yis think of the new direction.
    Kinda reminds me of the way Shawn Michaels kicked things off, what with the big bodyguard and the cockiness.Maybe it's a nod to Michaels (he trained Kendrick did'nt he?).
    Personally I like the way he's going, even though he is a bit small to be one of the top card guys, but definitely on the way to bigger things.
    I also like the way he puts his jacket back on after his matches, it's a nice touch.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Dave H wrote: »
    Just wondering what yis think of the new direction.
    Kinda reminds me of the way Shawn Michaels kicked things off, what with the big bodyguard and the cockiness.Maybe it's a nod to Michaels (he trained Kendrick did'nt he?).
    Personally I like the way he's going, even though he is a bit small to be one of the top card guys, but definitely on the way to bigger things.
    I also like the way he puts his jacket back on after his matches, it's a nice touch.

The only nod to Michaels that i see there is that horrible white leather jacket that he wore at Wrestlemania VIII!

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

THE Kurt Cobain is gonna be awesome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The only nod to Michaels that i see there is that horrible white leather jacket that he wore at Wrestlemania VIII!

VR!

Pillman (the real main influence) rocked that stuff before HBK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 GMoneyV1

Kendrick legend in the makin.. HAhah just kidding. He will meet everyone again that PPV match on his long road to the middle. Look unless he tops himself like Kurt Cobain he wont be remembered. I would have actually like that spot in the main event to go to John morrission. What can i tell yah i like the kid.

Looked Kendrick was trained by HBK and Chris Jericho. And he is buds with that brokeback mountain cowboy cade. who was also trained by the living legend HBK. I say let this run its course and he will be forgootten about.

I hate to think he has made a little impact to make us want to chat about him openly. MVP is the future, Edge is brilliant and CM Punk (will he ever change that t shirt) i think would benefit from new entrance theme song. Randy Orton did not want that music so the lumped it on to him. I got thinkin imagine CM Punk with Chris Benoits music.....

To finish and get back on point Kendrick is lame, London is better. And big zeke needs to carry a donation box..

GMoneyV1 wrote: »
    Kendrick legend in the makin.. HAhah just kidding. He will meet everyone again that PPV match on his long road to the middle. Look unless he tops himself like Kurt Cobain he wont be remembered. I would have actually like that spot in the main event to go to John morrission. What can i tell yah i like the kid.

Looked Kendrick was trained by HBK and Chris Jericho. And he is buds with that brokeback mountain cowboy cade. who was also trained by the living legend HBK. I say let this run its course and he will be forgootten about.

I hate to think he has made a little impact to make us want to chat about him openly. MVP is the future, Edge is brilliant and CM Punk (will he ever change that t shirt) i think would benefit from new entrance theme song. Randy Orton did not want that music so the lumped it on to him. I got thinkin imagine CM Punk with Chris Benoits music.....

To finish and get back on point Kendrick is lame, London is better. And big zeke needs to carry a donation box..

A good point well made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

GMoneyV1 wrote: »

Me no speaky japanese..Please speak English

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

kendrick has bulked up as he was under 10 stone a few years ago, but if HHH thought kurt angle at 220lb (15 stone+) was too small to be champ i wonder what what he thinks of kendrick

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

In fairness,who here thought that Brian Kendrick would be in a WWE title match (ok against 4 others),but a WWE title match none the less in 2008? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

In fairness,who here thought that Brian Kendrick would be in a WWE title match (ok against 4 others),but a WWE title match none the less in 2008? :)
    Between this, Punk getting the title, Sydal getting a push in ECW and Morishima/Dragon getting dark matches, I'm wondering if Vince has been availing of those Big 10 Sales?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Big Show to beat him in a TV match for the spot in the run up to the PPV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

kendrick is a fantastic wrestler get some ROH with him in it and londan and him had about a year run with the tag title i wouldnt be suprised if he wins a fall in the scramble match only to get pinned at the last second by hhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 GMoneyV1

callaway92 wrote: »
    Me no speaky japanese..Please speak English
    I speak english well good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

In fairness,who here thought that Brian Kendrick would be in a WWE title match (ok against 4 others),but a WWE title match none the less in 2008

That just reads so bizarrely, it really is, of all the suprises they've thrown up, pretty random. but he's definitely a cool wild-card to be included.
    I'm still gutted they broke up the London/Kendrick tag team though- given decent characters and storylines, i thought they could have been a really marketable duo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭mousey007

kendrick in a championship match is strange but it's good to see the new direction that is being taken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I prefer London to Kendrick.

BTW what has happen to London?

I cant believe Kendrick is in a WWE title match

HBK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kendrick

JP Liz wrote: »
    BTW what has happen to London?

Being a jobber. A lot of people dislike his attitude backstage, he doesnt take direction well apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

That just reads so bizarrely, it really is, of all the suprises they've thrown up, pretty random. but he's definitely a cool wild-card to be included.
    I'm still gutted they broke up the London/Kendrick tag team though- given decent characters and storylines, i thought they could have been a really marketable duo.

Thought they were a great duo, and sad to see them split (especially since now London just seems to be frozen out) but it was inevitable it was going to happen sooner rather than later.

I certainly wouldn't have thought it. It is great to see Kendrick going in a different direction from his Hooligan days, as had been said that he would get a big push when the split happened, but didn't think it would happen so soon. It's good to see the smaller guys getting a chance anyway.

rovert wrote: »
    Being a jobber. A lot of people dislike his attitude backstage, he doesnt take direction well apparently.

Unfortunetly :(

It probably has to do with him standing upto McMahon the time the SSP and 450 splash were banned...and for flashing the cheeky grin during Vince's "final death scene".

Unfortunetly :(

It probably has to do with him standing upto McMahon the time the SSP and 450 splash were banned...and for flashing the cheeky grin during Vince's "final death scene".

That wasn’t what I was referring to when I posted what I posted my post. But good point, I was referring to a similar thing which what happened with Matt Hardy. Which is where one road agent (say Arn Anderson) tells a wrestler to be more such and such. Only to be told by another road agent (say Dean Malenko) not to do such and such rather the total opposite. So in the match a wrestler doesn’t do such and such (e.g. be more aggressive.) When the match is over the wrestler gets bitched out by Arn Anderson and the wrestler gets reported to management because "the boy won’t listen." While Dean Malenko or the wrestler doesn’t say a peep for fear of losing their job.

rovert wrote: »
    That wasn’t what I was referring to when I posted what I posted my post. But good point, I was referring to a similar thing which what happened with Matt Hardy. Which is where one road agent (say Arn Anderson) tells a wrestler to be more such and such. Only to be told by another road agent (say Dean Malenko) not to do such and such rather the total opposite. So in the match a wrestler doesn’t do such and such (e.g. be more aggressive.) When the match is over the wrestler gets bitched out by Arn Anderson and the wrestler gets reported to management because "the boy won’t listen." While Dean Malenko or the wrestler doesn’t say a peep for fear of losing their job.

I had heard about this happening with others, like Matt Hardy as you said, but didn't realise it happened with London.

McMahon hasn't been the biggest fan of London's for the incidents mentioned above, I'd imagine the incident you refer to just makes it all the more worse for him :(...wouldn't surprise me if he was gone from WWE in a few months time...

• Advertisement

I had heard about this happening with others, like Matt Hardy as you said, but didn't realise it happened with London.

McMahon hasn't been the biggest fan of London's for the incidents mentioned above, I'd imagine the incident you refer to just makes it all the more worse for him :(...wouldn't surprise me if he was gone from WWE in a few months time...

People do have to walk on eggshells in that company and you cant be an individual. As CM Punk for the longest time found out along with RVD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

HBK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kendrick
    Come off it. You can't compare a veteran and a legend to someone who is a the beginning of his career.

On London v Kendrick, I personally prefer to watch Kendrick. He seems to have more of an edge to him. London has the ability to pull off some beautiful looking moves, but I prefer Kendrick's more realistic style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I feckin hate internet geeks, people give out so much about "Its always the same people in the title picture why don't they bring someone new in wah wah wha" then they brought up Punk and everybody goes "Ah whats going on here he is a n00b he can't be the champ." And same again with Kendrick "He is too small he can't be champ, HHH would pwn him" Get feckin over it.

Not in this thread btw I mean in genreal of wrestling fans and forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Paul London can do few flips but he has zilch charisma and will never ever rise bove jobber status, Kenderick does have personality and I could se him getting over much easiee than London.

RebelRockChick here from the Wrestling Observer is a current illustation of the type of things that often happens, Smackdown spoiler but not a major one:
    R-Truth debuted pinning Dykstra. Dykstra came out and said he was 22-years-old with a ton of potential. Well, yeah, but not booked like this he isn’t. He said WWE should be pushing people like me, not “people like you.” I think he meant people who had been in prison, not people of color. The audio will have to be re-done, since there were “TNA” and “We Want Angle” chants during this match, which otherwise got no reaction. Killings sold a lot and came back to win with an axe kick. Vince was fuming because he wanted Killings to be a top tier star and look strong in winning and sell nothing for Dykstra. Miscommunication saw Killings be told by the agents to do a standard babyface match, sell big and then do a comeback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Paul London can do few flips but he has zilch charisma and will never ever rise bove jobber status, Kenderick does have personality and I could se him getting over much easiee than London.

In fairness London is so much more than just a "flippy" guy. Look at his ROH epics against Bryan Danielson and you'll see a guy who can sell awesomely and consistently and with a good grasp of the basics of in ring psychology and that was way back in 2002.

flahavaj wrote: »
    In fairness London is so much more than just a "flippy" guy. Look at his ROH epics against Bryan Danielson and you'll see a guy who can sell awesomely and consistently and with a good grasp of the basics of in ring psychology and that was way back in 2002.

Exactly, one the reasons why he is being used as a Jobber is that he has the reputation as being a good hand in the ring and he can sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Rjd2 wrote: »

Sorry but Kendrick has no personality and needs to improve on the mic i think London was the better performer in ring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Sorry but Kendrick has no personality and needs to improve on the mic i think London was the better performer in ring

Reports out of the Smackdown tapings say he cut an awesome promo.

• Advertisement

Sorry but Kendrick has no personality

Erm, he is does always has.
    MikeHoncho wrote: »
    Reports out of the Smackdown tapings say he cut an awesome promo.

Reading Art of War no less.

Advertisement