Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaming Query

• 23-08-2008 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi their

I was in the canary islands in jan of 2008

when i turned on my phone it went on to movistar fine

But when i tried manual network slection to try to go onto

Orange and vodafone Es It came up as No Acess

My phone is a nokia 6610i and im with o2 irleand pre pay

when i was their about a year before that Orange and Vodafone es Worked

Fine on my phone with the same sim card and phone

Im just really confused as it would not work this time :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

i would imagine it is because o2 decided not to renew their roaming agreements with the networks in question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Yes. If you check their roaming page for Spain, you will see that on Speakeasy, Movistar is the only network they have an agreement with now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

jmccrohan wrote: »
    i would imagine it is because o2 decided not to renew their roaming agreements with the networks in question.

I would imagine so seem as O2 and Movistar are both part of the same company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dave4723

but the strange thing is my friends phone is speakeasy also and had no problem roaming onto Orange And Vodafone Es .With Manual Network slection.I could slectet Orange And Vodafone Es When Their Was No Recption For Movistar. Im just really courios about this because it worked grand the year before. thanks for your replies.

Advertisement