Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car salesman

Options
2»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

AudiChris wrote: »
    It's never been as bad as it is now and you won't make a lot of money in sales at the moment and you'll dread for your job most days, but it's a hell of a lot of fun and has some of the best characters working there - never a dull day!

It's a really great place to be if you like working with people too; some people are just d*cks, but the majority are excited and engaged and interested in working with you to buy a new car. Sometimes you get someone who's really done their homework and knows more than you, when you win them over and get the deal it's a brilliant feeling!

I may lose my job soon, and when I do I'll deal with it, but I don't think I'll ever regret getting into it - I've learned a hell of a lot in the last 16 months and enjoyed (nearly) every minute of it.

Your eyes are wide open - if you're comfortable, go for it!

Hope that doesn't happen chris, and 999th post, woot!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭goldenshower

Ah! Is it a fair enough request/demand regarding BIK or would it be cheeky considering that it is a junior position? Ned, what do you mean charged? Does it come off my basic/tax credits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

copacetic wrote: »
    Hope that doesn't happen chris, and 999th post, woot!

Me too!

...and now it's 1000!!!

Yay!
    Ah! Is it a fair enough request/demand regarding BIK or would it be cheeky considering that it is a junior position? Ned, what do you mean charged? Does it come off my basic/tax credits?

Have a look at this:
    http://www.revenue.ie/leaflets/benefit-in-kind/private-use-of-company-cars.htm
    Whether you negotiate for the employer to cover the cost, you'll be liable for income tax based on the "benefit" of a free car provided by your employer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

AudiChris wrote: »
    Keep an eye on jobs.ie. If you see a dealer who constantly has positions advertised, it's not because of rapid expansion, more likely high staff turnover.

Specifics re: dealers is better taken to PM imho.

Excellent point, if you look at jobs.ie, you'll see that certain dealerships and also certain businesses in the motoring media field have jobs permanently advertised. Some of these positions have been advertised for the last 2 years.

Advertisement