Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan - one missed payment....ICB affected?

Options
  • 24-08-2008 2:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just a quick question with regard to a student loan.

I received a letter from the bank stating:
    "...maybe you are unaware that your current account has been overdrawn in excess of the sanctioned limit...[please lodge to the account]....unpaids on your account can affect your credit rating....."

Basically, I have a Direct Debit from my current to my loan account, to pay for the weekly loan repayments.....the above letter was sent due to the fact that I had not got the funds in my current account........I lodged the funds for the loan repayments two days after receipt of the letter - would my credit rating have been affected during this time, and because of this letter being sent to me?

Thanks!

Ste

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

This happened me before and (i never checked my report) but I work in that industry... and plus I obtained credit afterwards - even though my report was checked.. no problems.. Would check report to be safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

Cool, thanks for the reply, I'll check my rating (it costs like 6 quid tho!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

That happened to me a couple of years ago (I got caught when the DD came in early) but it didn't affect my credit rating. Generally speaking the bank will make another attempt to take the loan repayment out of your account fairly soon afterwards - once that goes through without a hitch you should be fine.

Of course every bank is different and you can't be certain that it hasn't gone onto your record. I think €6 is a small price to pay for putting your mind at ease re. your credit rating. It just about buys you a pint these days.

Advertisement