Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fast food places: Do you tidy up afterwards

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Random members of the public thinking they're qualified to clear their own table fúcking disgusts me.
    You didn't go through that intensive day of training, nor did you watch the orientation videos.
    I managed to rack up 4 different manual handling certificates back in the day.
    Never been to a gay bar though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

One of the main points of the manual handling course is having a clear route.....in a fast food place you are never going to get a clear route from your table to the bin so better just to leave it there.

I leave it there becuse it annoys the sh!t outta me when the staff hang around the table waiting for you to move so they can pounce on your table and wipe their cloth over it. Although on holidays I alway cleaned up after myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

animaal wrote: »
    However, your communication skills could do with brushing up.
    As could your trolling skills. *yawn*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Generally always tidy up after myself.

Just habit, i do it at home also ;)
    Dunno, just when mc D 's is busy, i hate having to sit at a table no yet cleared covered in half eaten chips and burgers, so i dont leave mine all over the table and floor for other people.

Just trying to be helpful i guess..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

c - 13 wrote: »
    Yeah i'd always clean up after myself, unless the staff were dickheads to me in which case i'd probably leave it there.

Yeah im the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

I do. It'd be rude not to. People who leave their trays on the tables are fascists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

I do it all the time. I think it's just common courtesy.

• Moderators Posts: 51,860 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Yes. A lot of the times I have to go pass a bin to leave the place. So it costs me nothing to take the tray to the bin.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

gogglebok wrote: »
    You're punishing people you know nothing about because their boss turned you down for a job several years ago? "Silly" is putting it mildly.
    Bawwwwwwww.

/me sits in comfy chair at my desk in my decent job.

Honestly though, if you go in for that line of work you expect that, when I was younger I worked as a waiter, spent hours cleaning up peoples vomit and piss off bathroom floors at the end of my night, so I don't feel anything for people who have to chuck a tray in a bin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I always clear up after myself except for one place that when I was younger I applied for a job (had a really good CV too) and it was given to chinese people (should of known better) same thing happened to my younger brother a few years later.

Ever since that I always leave my tray there as if to say "You want this job take it".

Silly little grudge I hold but meh :p

Well they definitely made the right choice so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I saw a builder throw a plastic coke bottle out of his van. I'm still angry about that several days later.

My dad works in the council cleaning litter off the roads. 2 weeks ago some moron fcuked a full bottle of coke at him while he was working and the bottle hit him in the groin. There are some dickwads going around this country.

As for tidying up after myself. Yes I always do and if I was with a mate of mine who was going to leave his rubbish behind I would ask him to tidy up as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

gazzer wrote: »
    I saw a builder throw a plastic coke bottle out of his van. I'm still angry about that several days later.

My dad works in the council cleaning litter off the roads. 2 weeks ago some moron fcuked a full bottle of coke at him while he was working and the bottle hit him in the groin. There are some dickwads going around this country.

As for tidying up after myself. Yes I always do and if I was with a mate of mine who was going to leave his rubbish behind I would ask him to tidy up as well.
    Wow, that is horrible, sometimes I can't believe how rude some people are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

And yet if his dad had used his shovel appropriately, he'd be in trouble...

Advertisement