Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Laguna Key Replacement/recode question

Options
  • 24-08-2008 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭

Do renault recode the car when they program a new keycard for it?

The girlfriends father has a Laguna 2, which uses a key card to access and start the car.

He got the car with two keycards and both gave up the ghost which seems to be a common problem with them. He then purchased a new keycard off renault for 200+quid.

Yesterday he put the one keycard he has working into the feckin' washing machine so now he's stuck with a third card the won't lock/unlock the car and will start it only now and again. Needless to say its now being dried in the hotpress.

I have found a company website that rebuilds the cards for a lot less than it costs renault to rebuild them. I want to send his old two cards to be rebuilt but I need to know if these old cards will still work in the car.

Was the car reprogrammed to accept only the new keycard? Obviously I dont want to get the old cards rebuilt if they won't start the car.

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement