Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone in Sligo owes me!

Options
  • 24-08-2008 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Right so I live around the castlebaldwin area on the N4. I was collecting my mother from my sisters house and I came down the ballymote road to castlebaldwin. Turned left onto the N4 towards sligo.

A little while later I seen blue lights in my rearview mirror. I turned to my mother and said that they were after me. But I was only joking as I was under the speed limit all the time.

I pulled into my laneway and parked up. Next thing I see the guards coming up the lane after me with lights flashing everywhere.

A young guard hopped out and asked for my license. I asked him what was the problem and he said that he caught me doing 127km the far side of castlebaldwin on the boyle road. I told him that this was impossable as I wasn't on that road and I had been on the ballymote road and my mother confirmed this.

He accepted that and explained that a red car similar to mine was spotted. Fair play to the guard he knew a mistake had been made and left.

But someone who was breaking the speed limit in a red car last night around 10.10pm on the N4 heading towards sligo before castlebaldwin owes me a pint!:)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

So he thought you were the person speeding because you both had red cars. That guy sounds like a complete moron. It reminds me of that simpsons episode where Wiggum is chasing snake "Put out an APB for a male suspect, driving a....... car of some sort. The suspect is hatless, repeat hatless.".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I'm always speeding down that road like a mo' fo'.
    but my car isn't red so no pint for you Chickenhawk!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

I'm always speeding down that road like a mo' fo'.
    but my car isn't red so no pint for you Chickenhawk!

Be careful because they are always there. They used to be at the horse on the hill and now they pull onto another hill on the right on the last bend before the straight into castlebaldwin.

Advertisement