Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest Chinese Takeaway Leixlip/Maynooth/Celbridge

Options
  • 24-08-2008 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭

Whats everyones opinion on the nicest Chinese in the above area's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

maximumus maynooth

ho wun in dunboyne is worth the travel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

maximumus maynooth

ho wun in dunboyne is worth the travel!

Maximus isn't Chinese?

Nice chips though!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Singapore fame in Celbridge - and now they have a delivery service :D

Amber Regent in Leixlip. yum yum yum.

Annadales in Lucan. sssooooooo delicious. YUM. :D

Never had a chinese from Maynooth so dont know bout that one. lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ljcoolk

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Maximus isn't Chinese?

Nice chips though!

there are 2 Ho Wun's one chipper one chinese and restaurant great early bird up to 10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Buffman

Royal Palace in Celbridge is ok,
    Singapore flame is good too.

Crap, now I'm hugry, any of them be open at 01.15 on Monday morning ya reckon...:D

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

The Tasty (formerly called the Flaming Wok 2!) Lucan is best for miles around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Davexirl wrote: »
    Whats everyones opinion on the nicest Chinese in the above area's?

Do you mean a Chinese person?

Buffman wrote: »
    Royal Palace in Celbridge is ok,
    Singapore flame is good too.

Crap, now I'm hugry, any of them be open at 01.15 on Monday morning ya reckon...:D

did you get your grub then??? :D

Personally, I think Singapore Fame is alot nicer than The Royal Palace. :D

ChewChew wrote: »
    did you get your grub then??? :D

Personally, I think Singapore Fame is alot nicer than The Royal Palace. :D

No, decided to sleep off the hunger.:)

Ye, if I'm in a hurry its the royal, then singapore, then cooking as a last resort if I've time.:D

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

The Royal give massive portions but their meat isn't great. Nice curry sauce though. Stay clear of Maynooth Chinese. They are not great tbh as i lived there for a year and went to the Royal instead.

• Advertisement

No, decided to sleep off the hunger.:)

Ye, if I'm in a hurry its the royal, then singapore, then cooking as a last resort if I've time.:D

cooking????? :eek: no no no.
    jaffa20 wrote: »
    The Royal give massive portions but their meat isn't great. Nice curry sauce though. Stay clear of Maynooth Chinese. They are not great tbh as i lived there for a year and went to the Royal instead.

i try to stay clear of maynooth altogether! :P thats a joke. lol. I've actually never eaten any where in maynooth apart from the indian

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

i try to stay clear of maynooth altogether! :P thats a joke. lol. I've actually never eaten any where in maynooth apart from the indian

Maynooth is the best place in Kildare of course ;) You're just jealous cos your from Celbridge which is full of wannabe dubs :P:P

Anyhow, that indian is a rip off!! i went there and saw the prices. Eu10 for a take away. Not very expensive i thought so i'd give it ago. Anyway, i when was paying it came to like a total of 25euro (for 2 people) or something :eek: They charged extra on top of the 10 for the chips and rice. That is taking the piss. The food wasn't even that great.

cooking????? :eek: no no no.

Only in cases of extreme emergencies:D

vektarman wrote: »
    Do you mean a Chinese person?

Ye, I think his name is Steve....:)

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Maynooth is the best place in Kildare of course ;) You're just jealous cos your from Celbridge which is full of wannabe dubs :P:P

Anyhow, that indian is a rip off!! i went there and saw the prices. Eu10 for a take away. Not very expensive i thought so i'd give it ago. Anyway, i when was paying it came to like a total of 25euro (for 2 people) or something :eek: They charged extra on top of the 10 for the chips and rice. That is taking the piss. The food wasn't even that great.

Oi you!!! :D maynooth is deffo NOT the best place. hahahahaaaa. POLL PLEASE!!! :P

I only had a meal in it once when it first opened and it was really nice. but yeah that is a bit of a rip off!! but in all fairness if you were feeding 2. . I'd have made her cook for herself!! hahhaha!!! :D
    Only in cases of extreme emergencies

oh dear god no. not even then. I'm a wee lass and there is no way you'd catch me cookin*. hhahaaa :rolleyes:

*thats a little white lie :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

My ears are red from hearing about how good Eatzen in Clonee is if thats any good... anyone able to corroborate?
    The Chips in the who won in dunboyne are nice, about a 1/4 spud per chip! But easy to burn the mouth off yerself with them :)

SQ2 wrote: »
    My ears are red from hearing about how good Eatzen in Clonee is if thats any good... anyone able to corroborate?
    The Chips in the who won in dunboyne are nice, about a 1/4 spud per chip! But easy to burn the mouth off yerself with them :)

Wrong county

it is absolutley fabulous. I work over that direction so have been on a few work nights out there. it really is amazing to say the least!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

I like the takeaway from the Wok Inn, on the captains hill. But if i'm going to sit in somewhere, Miss Wongs is the place to go.

The Amber Regent recently changed management and apparently a lot of people don't like the new crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

MISS WONGS - LEIXLIP

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Care to elaborate as to why?

• Advertisement

someone tell me where miss wongs is. i've heard so much about it, but just dont know where it is. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Royal Villa in Maynooth ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

If youre prepared to travel a little further afield, the Flaming Wok in Clane is, in my opinion anyway, the nicest chinese around.

The new Golden Ring in Naas over the post office (not called the Golden Ring any more) was recently reopened and that is fabulous as well. They do this honey cantonese chicken which is to die for!

someone tell me where miss wongs is. i've heard so much about it, but just dont know where it is. :confused:
    If you enter Leixlip over the Liffey bridge from the Springfield hotel direction there's a sharp left bend as you enter Leixlip main street, take the next left just before the traffic lights, it's a narrow lane leading in to Ralph square, then just follow the lovely smell of chinese food.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Wok In on Captains Hill Leixlip for a cheap takeaway.
    Miss Wong for a restaraunt
    Singapore Fame, Celbridge is pretty good
    Amber Regent has gone wayyy downhill

Honourable mention to Princess Gardens, Lucan. Can be good if you get there when the food is hot and not starting to go lukewarm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭emee

was in amber regent on saturday and was a bit wary after seeing the comments on here as it used to be my favourite chinese but i was really impressed. had the thai red curry and its definately now a contender for the nicest red curry i've had. their regular chinese curry isnt as nice as it used to be though.

one annoying thing though - has anyone noticed since they've stopped including the 10% tip in the price that they're falling over each other to make sure everything is ok for you? its gotten to the stage where they'll take the glass out of your hand to refill it with water when you take a sip :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 slash291

That Lotus place in maynooth is pretty nice, used to be called C3 until recently. I've ordered a few times recently and they deliver REALLY quick, even on a saturday night! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

ha! I've lived in both clonee and maynooth so I can commenton this one :)

Eatzen is ok , but Scenes across the road from them are much nicer.
    Tbh I dont find the chinese takeaways in maynooth to be great.

Had a foul tasting takeaway from Royal City (the one near the phone shop?).
    Ken's is ok but REALLY over priced.
    C3/lotus is the best out of the three, but no great shakes.
    As for the others:

The indian is massively overpriced and I'd a run in with a really surly waiter there last time, so its another one to avoid.

Maximus do really nice chips , but the burgers are a bit dodge.
    I've never easten out of the dodgy looking pizza place beside there so I cant comment.
    Rebel Pizza is probably the best takeaway in the town (provided you like pizza's I suppose)and decent value.
    Supermacs is , well supermacs, I guess students from down the country probably want to eat somewhere familiar..;)
    the ice cream muffins are nice though.

Not takeaways but:

Donatellos(behind the LA)is really good , although a little pricey
    The Roost does very good pubgrub, Caulfields do a decent sunday dinner.
    and lastly The Avenue is overpriced for average enough food.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

I've never easten out of the dodgy looking pizza place beside there so I cant comment.

Rebel Pizza is probably the best takeaway in the town (provided you like pizza's I suppose)and decent value.

Huh? :confused:

Mizzoni's do a grand Pizza. The wagon wheel is gigantormous :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 sekhon_boy

I like the one beside Super Max, i think called Asian Cuisine. Food is always good ( I like the Chicken Satay, Shredded chicken chilli and Kung Pu chicken) . But i will say , it is better to cook at home , so that you will know what you are eating. There are plenty of shops in Dublin where you can buy ingredients and now even one shop has opened in Maynooth (Spice Me Up in Doctors Lane) as well. For big parties i will prefer to cook at home , can make Chicken Satay or some chiken dish to go with Jasmine rice.

Advertisement