Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest Chinese Takeaway Leixlip/Maynooth/Celbridge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

I've lived in Leixlip, Maynooth and now Kilcock and the best Chinese by far in North Kildare is the Flaming Wok in Clane, I used to travel to Celbridge as there was no decent place in Maynooth/Leixlip/Kilcock, but got word of this place and have never looked back since....the take away is always jammers...well worth the journey

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Canton House in lexlip by a Long way.

Them Guys are as fast as fuck And the food tastes Great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Royal City in Maynooth and Wok Inn in Leixlip are my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Flaming Wok in Clane, yum yum yum.

Got food poisoning from the place on xmas eve before last but still eat there so that has to be saying something! If I'm gonna get food poisoning, there is no place I'd rather get it from :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 koprano

Miss Wongs in Leixlip by a country mile

On the expensive side but food is to die for

BBQ ribs & fillet steak cantonese - melt in your mouth

God I'm hungry now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Miss wongs here for sit down. Wok Inn for deliveries. :D
    koprano wrote: »
    Miss Wongs in Leixlip by a country mile

On the expensive side but food is to die for

BBQ ribs & fillet steak cantonese - melt in your mouth

God I'm hungry now :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 phil1147

I like the takeaway from the Wok Inn, on the captains hill. But if i'm going to sit in somewhere, Miss Wongs is the place to go.

i went to the Miss Wongs once, the place was nearly booked out, i was wondering what all the fuss was about, when we did manage to get a seat i ordered the fillet of beef seshwan (mind the spellings). There was no more fillet of beef in as the was speghetti hoops. It was the same rubbery beef you get in any other chinese takeaway.

I didnt like it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭I_luv_2_ski!

leixlip miss wongs
    celbridge synapore fame or royal palace depends on what you want
    maynooth Kens was goos but its gone now...prob misonies (spelt wrong)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Seems like i'll have to try this miss wongs...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

hot and spicy chicken from miss wongs is incredible!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 FestivalFox

I used to be religious about Miss Wongs until I tried Choys in celbridge. Its the best I've ever had. The rendang Malaysian curry there has to be tried!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Anyone tried the new place in Maynooth yet? I think it's called The Orient (opposite Brady's, beside the AIB). The sign outside on the street mentions an 'All You Can Eat' lunch buffet for €8.80 (:eek:) everyday between 12.30 and 3.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Buffman

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Anyone tried the new place in Maynooth yet? I think it's called The Orient (opposite Brady's, beside the AIB). The sign outside on the street mentions an 'All You Can Eat' lunch buffet for €8.80 (:eek:) everyday between 12.30 and 3.30.

I've been in there for the 'All You Can Eat' lunch. It's very good value, they just put out a large selection of dishes and you take what you want. Great way of sampling all the different dishes too.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Buffman wrote: »
    I've been in there for the 'All You Can Eat' lunch. It's very good value, they just put out a large selection of dishes and you take what you want. Great way of sampling all the different dishes too.

+1, just back and it's good value. Packed with kids (not surprising consider they eat for half the price, i.e. €4.40!) though who managed to knock over a table. Get there early.

They are still waiting on takeaway menus (they have one taped to the counter).

I was in the Annabel in Leixlip today...its where the Amber Regent used to be...food was amazing but service was crap!!!

our orders were taken within about 5mins of us arriving...about 10mins later we had our starters...when we were finished our empty plates were left sitting on front of us for about 20-25mins...while waitresses were standing at the next table setting it and were walking around aimlessly!!! finally they were taken away and bout 5mins later mains came...when we finished yet again plates were left sittin on front of us for 15-20mins!!! we then asked for the cheque which arrived with in about 2mins but wasnt collected for 10mins!!!

there was a big table next to us some of who knew the manager and they seemed to be getting all the attention and we were forgotten about, or so we felt!!!

the restaurant was cold due to broken raidatiors which i dont blame on the staff but the fact that there was empty seats around which would have been warmer was slightly annoying!!!

still food was really good...it'll just be take away next time!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

markfla wrote: »
    I've lived in Leixlip, Maynooth and now Kilcock and the best Chinese by far in North Kildare is the Flaming Wok in Clane, I used to travel to Celbridge as there was no decent place in Maynooth/Leixlip/Kilcock, but got word of this place and have never looked back since....the take away is always jammers...well worth the journey

Clane love the flaming wok
    Maynootgh Too long ago to remember
    Celbridge can't remember what it is called
    Leixlip Wok Inn is brilliant for sit it eliveries are akmost as good as the fkaming wok
    City centre charlies for me, athough I am sure some of the place on parnelll street east are really nice. or the one in epicurian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Charlies in town is great .I have chinese friends and they all eat in charlies so that saying something.

I like the curry in Maximus .The indian in maynooth is dear but I still go there anyway .

i lived in leixlip for 8 years and i didnt know you could eat in in the wok inn...not that i would i had one very bad take away from there and havnt gone near the place since!!! food poising is no fun!!!

i agree that the flaming wok in clane is lovely...i only discovered this one recently and its lovely!!! we'd been going to phony palace before that on recommendations as we'd just moved to the area but the flaming wok is so much nicer!!!

does anyone know what happened to kens in maynooth??? i went for dinner one day and it was closed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

Have always used Miss Wongs for the last 7 years . The last two weekends i've got it & its been horrible.:mad: What's happened. New Chef? cheap meat cuts? Penny pinching? Couldn't eat it last night. Going to have to use a new chinese, any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Flaming Wok in Clane. We drive from Dublin to go there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

peanuthead wrote: »
    Flaming Wok in Clane. We drive from Dublin to go there
    really? I've recently moved to clane and I have to be honest, i've never been entirely satisfied with the Flaming Wok :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

lods wrote: »
    Have always used Miss Wongs for the last 7 years . The last two weekends i've got it & its been horrible.:mad: What's happened. New Chef? cheap meat cuts? Penny pinching? Couldn't eat it last night. Going to have to use a new chinese, any recommendations?

have to agree, miss wongs has gone downhill in my opinion.you've hit the nail on the head though.some definate penny pinching, all the way down to not getting enough sauce with my chicken! meat also hasnt been great lately.

I get takeaways from canton house now beside eurospar. i remember hearing they got new management a few months back. anyways the portions are huge! one portion of chips easily does 2 hungry people along with whatever theyre having.

lods wrote: »
    Going to have to use a new chinese, any recommendations?

the annadale when the amber regent used to be is lovely! i've eaten in and taken out and was really impressed! a little further afield, both royal palace and singapore fame in celbridge are lovely!!! and if theres a few of you, a meal for say 3people in the royal palace actually has 4meals and so on, and they have no problem with changes!!!
    Flaming Wok in Clane.

since moving house we go there sometimes, had it recommended to us, it is really nice!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

ChewChew wrote: »
    really? I've recently moved to clane and I have to be honest, i've never been entirely satisfied with the Flaming Wok :o

We were driving through once and I got a beef chow mein as its easy to eat from carton.

Was beautiful and nothing like the crap you get up here in my opinion.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

We were driving through once and I got a beef chow mein as its easy to eat from carton.

Was beautiful and nothing like the crap you get up here in my opinion.
    where you from, if you dont mind me asking??

I think what put me off was someone I got a take away with ordered noodles in gravy or something strange like that and I was just like wtf but i think i got chow mein from there too and it was actually nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Definitely the Wok Inn. I'm so sad they don't deliver to Maynooth :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭Trampas

I think the Flaming Wok has gone down hill a bit. Like they aren't using the freshes veg as they were. Like they are trying to save a few euro on things. Haven't been there in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Micko23

Flaming Wok is in Dodsboro Lucan as well so you dont have to go all the way to Clane!! Same owners

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Micko23 wrote: »
    Flaming Wok is in Dodsboro Lucan as well so you dont have to go all the way to Clane!! Same owners

they changed the name to 'The Tasty'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 acorn1984

Does anyone know if there is a karaoke/chinese restaurant in Maynooth?? Think it's called the Orient...
    :D

Advertisement