Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest Chinese Takeaway Leixlip/Maynooth/Celbridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭I_luv_2_ski!

yup der is just accross from mantra...its brilliant!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 acorn1984

Brill!! :D That's my weekend sorted!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭regularkev

Maybe one to avoid in Leixlip. Never cared for it much anyway, but now....

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0207/breaking24.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nickyballymun

Ok its now 9.20 and i rang my food at 7.50 . Every time i ring this place there is something different wrong . Food cold 2.50 delivery tiny portions over charging .we moved to maynooth 5 weeks ago and have rang it 6 times and i have to say they are about to loose potentially good customers . Went up to it the other night for a meal and the man had to be the most ignorant person iv come across . Gonna try the royal city and hopefully have better experiences because i will never ever give the orient my money again i said this last week but i mean it tonight . An hour and a half like were would ye get it .so if u dont want to be heartbroken dont ring the orient :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Ok its now 9.20 and i rang my food at 7.50 . Every time i ring this place there is something different wrong . Food cold 2.50 delivery tiny portions over charging .we moved to maynooth 5 weeks ago and have rang it 6 times and i have to say they are about to loose potentially good customers . Went up to it the other night for a meal and the man had to be the most ignorant person iv come across . Gonna try the royal city and hopefully have better experiences because i will never ever give the orient my money again i said this last week but i mean it tonight . An hour and a half like were would ye get it .so if u dont want to be heartbroken dont ring the orient :(

I have never used them, but maybe they are up the walls due to valentines night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Nah - the Orient is muck any night tbh. Royal City is better but not half as good as it used to be (same family own both fwiw). Recent deliveries I've got have been from the Newtown Inn chinese - been grand so far.

[edit]The above is delivery only. I've eaten in Royal City a few times - excellent grub and service. Never eaten over the Newtown Inn but heard good things about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

To be fair I haven't been in a while, but when I do have the spare cash, I go to Choy's in Celbridge. Nice size portions and good quality. Plus they are always on time with the order, so no hanging about.
    Won't go into the Palace or the Singapore fame again - once each was enough. Palace was filthy and Singapore food wasn't great at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

The new place in Celbridge across the road from Choys, over Toolans Bookies is a million times better, you should check it out.

Think it's called the River King.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Toulouse wrote: »
    The new place in Celbridge across the road from Choys, over Toolans Bookies is a million times better, you should check it out.

Think it's called the River King.

Got somethin from it last night,was actually very nice. Didn't realise they actually have a sit in restaurant up there as well. Might be worth going in some night for a meal.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Normally order from Royal City but ordered from The Orient for a change, it was not bad food but wasn't nice and tasty and despite being hungry I couldn't eat it.
    Royal City used to definitely be better and Lotus was good too (but not on just eat.ie so no ordering and paying online)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Really old thread but it's still relevant. Where is the best Chinese around maynooth at the minute? Hoping to order one tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Chinese - alanadale leixlip , unless you want a spice bag.

Indian - dehli dharbar celbridge , nothing else near as nice in the local area

Chipper - Romayos maynooth

Chicken wings , everything italian except pizza- davincis, leixlip

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Cakes and Ale

Royal city in Maynooth is grand tbh. Not somewhere I'd eat in. Only tried Singapore Flame (Celbridge) once and seemed fine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Many of the Chinese take aways/restaurants tend to use too much salt or msg in their foods which puts me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

A lot buy in pre cooked food from the same supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Chipper - Romayos maynooth

The Celbridge chippers are really poor compared to Romayos in Maynooth.

Johner wrote: »

In general the takeaways in celbridge arent up to much . Even leixlip/maynooths poorest attempt at chinese bests any of them in celbridge, dehli dharbar is the only thing id bother going to celbridge for takeaway wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

In general the takeaways in celbridge arent up to much . Even leixlip/maynooths poorest attempt at chinese bests any of them in celbridge, dehli dharbar is the only thing id bother going to celbridge for takeaway wise.

The Amber Regent used to be the best around, not a good now as Alanadale
    I find Hokaido good for a takeaway in Celbridge now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Johner wrote: »

This is news to me! I must try Romayos then. I keep throwing away their delivery menu cause I thought Macari's Celbridge was grand.

Hokkaido's Chinese takeaway menu started off great, but quality has gone down the toilet when they couldn't get the basic rice right on a number of occasions. Other Chinese in Celbridge aren't great either.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,880 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Romayos has won awards. However, it is very badly affected by how old the batch of chips are, I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Singapore flame in celbridge used to be my go to, but I think it's closed now. I go to river king now above the duck, it's OK. Just ok.
    Deli Darbar is so good, I've never had a bad take away from there and that dates back to when they started above the old Tesco in celbridge all those years ago.
    Actually for Italian food (and general food like steak and fish, chicken) Michaelangelos restaurant in celbridge does take away/delivery. Very reasonable, cheap and fast. I order there a good bit.

Jesus looking at my post it looks like I eat a lot of takeaway, I swear I don't. Ha.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The Chinese in the Newtown in , I think it is called Golden Palace is really good . We got it delivered once and it was no where near as good as collecting it though .

Moonbeam wrote: »
    The Chinese in the Newtown in , I think it is called Golden Palace is really good . We got it delivered once and it was no where near as good as collecting it though .

Give royal city a go to compare , Having ordered twice, I have to say it was one of the worst chineses Ive had, both times. Im all for a difference of preference but I think your'e the first person Ive ever heard recommend it over other chineses.

It is way better then Royal City though for delivery I order from Royal City .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

The Golden Palace used to be terrible but they changed ownership recently and are much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

We've tried deli darbar and it was rally good but pretty cold on arrival. Just needed a heat through. In the end we didn't get a Chinese on sat, went to the Thai in the glenroyal. They have these €5 feasts on marvin at the minute so I got a nasi goreng and himself got a Thai green curry for €5. Both were average but for €5 there was plenty and they were well worth it. Might suit someone trying to keep their takeaway cost down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

Nicest Chinese restaurant/takeaway is the River King in Celbridge. Always fresh, tasty food. The restaurant is great value.

Korma at home in Dunboyne beats everything else hands down,there is no competition.
    They do Thai and Indian and we order via Just Eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Tango One

Golden Palace is the best Chinese around in my opinion