Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Usain Bolt on the wing

• 24-08-2008 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭

The soccer lads were talking about having him striker. But we'll get him playing wing first!!! Can you imagine . . . .:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i was listening to a NFL podcast yesterday and they were thinking of him as a wide receiver. lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

He'd be murdered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Didn't Dwain Chambers try playing american football and I think he tried out playing league for Salford earlier in the year as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Melion wrote: »
    He'd be murdered

In rugby or nfl?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Didn't Dwain Chambers try playing american football and I think he tried out playing league for Salford earlier in the year as well.
    Yep and he got dropped pretty quick. Clips up on youtube of him playing.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Tried out for Castleford, played one second team game, (3,000 people showed up to watch him, a record for a second team game) was an absolute shambles, no positional awareness,couldn't take a tackle and in real danger of being hurt...just a publicity stunt by Cas...limped to the end of the first half, never seen again....

toomevara wrote: »
    Tried out for Castleford, played one second team game, (3,000 people showed up to watch him, a record for a second team game) was an absolute shambles, no positional awareness,couldn't take a tackle and in real danger of being hurt...just a publicity stunt by Cas...limped to the end of the first half, never seen again....
    What about the RL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

ajeffares wrote: »
    What about the RL?

Not sure I follow you ajeffares (I'm probably being dull as per usual), do you mean lower echelon rugby league i.e. Co-Operative National League 1? Not as steep a learning curve I suppose, but the guy has none of the natural or ingrained skills of lifelong rugby players...league is a v. unforgiving game and having watched his only 40 minutes, the guy doesn't cut the mustard by along chalk...

toomevara wrote: »
    Not sure I follow you ajeffares (I'm probably being dull as per usual), do you mean lower echelon rugby league i.e. Co-Operative National League 1? Not as steep a learning curve I suppose, but the guy has none of the natural or ingrained skills of lifelong rugby players...league is a v. unforgiving game and having watched his only 40 minutes, the guy doesn't cut the mustard by along chalk...

No just wondering if you had more info on the vid I found:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement