Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky increasing charges?

Options
  • 24-08-2008 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

Not a rant or complaint really but i just noticed my sky bill this month is €22.71 which is an increase of 71cent but as this is the same every month i dont understand why this "odd" amount has been added. anyone else notice this with their sky tv payments?

checked my subscription and it appears to have been split in two parts from 20th of one month untill end of the month then from the start of the next month until the 19th, i have emailed sky and just waiting to hear back from them on this unusual charge. also they aim to get back to me within the next 9 days! seems a bit long to wait for customer service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Isn't round about now the usual time of the year for them to put their prices up? I haven't seen anything from them yet, but am expecting a letter with the usual excuse for them upping the fee, any day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

Letter in the post over 2 months ago giving notice of the price increase. €1-2 a month depending on the package.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

ongarite wrote: »
    Letter in the post over 2 months ago giving notice of the price increase. €1-2 a month depending on the package.

I expect a dog ate mine, like the one that used to eat my homework.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

yep my usual price of €22 includes the last increase but they have added 71cent on this month for something but dont know what.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

foggy_lad wrote: »
    yep my usual price of €22 includes the last increase but they have added 71cent on this month for something but dont know what.
    Ring them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Probably because the change in price occurs somewhere midway between your billing period. As they charge you on a pro-rata basis: xx days @ old subscription amount + yy days @ new subscription amount, then the dividing up of the two lots of days most likely has caused an odd amount to occur. Your next bill should be even again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Ditto. The odd figure included in this month's debit amount is for the portion of the month the increase takes into account...from next month on the figure will be even again (€23 for me).
    [edit] kensington has it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Kensington wrote: »
    Probably because the change in price occurs somewhere midway between your billing period. As they charge you on a pro-rata basis: xx days @ old subscription amount + yy days @ new subscription amount, then the dividing up of the two lots of days most likely has caused an odd amount to occur. Your next bill should be even again.

thats what it is then! time to change my package to the lowest one as i am not happy about not being notified about their increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I was notified about this increase with my July sky mag....it's ages ago anyway. The odd cents are for this month only and back to even money next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

thats what it is then! time to change my package to the lowest one as i am not happy about not being notified about their increase.

Isn't 22 euro the lowest package anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Taylieboo

We have the full and it is going up to €71 next month.
    We are thinking of changing to setanta sports and cutting off the sports on sky because we cant get most of the big matches on sky anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kev69

Perhaps its just me but every time it rains the picture on setanta gets fuzzed and then "satellite reception not being received" comes up, just wondering if anybody else experiencing this with setanta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

Taylieboo wrote: »
    We are thinking of changing to setanta sports and cutting off the sports on sky because we cant get most of the big matches on sky anyway.

We did that too and as a person who used to watch all of the matches i could possibly watch i dont even miss it one bit. We got rid of sports because the football on it was usually not the matches i really wanted to watch. The boxing is pay per view. Not chance.

Then after a while we got rid of movies. There are so many movies on other channels wenever missed that either.

Might get movies and sports back if there was no charge on HD though, but at the moment havent missed them a bit and my pocket is better for it by a massive amount per year too.

kev69 wrote: »
    Perhaps its just me but every time it rains the picture on setanta gets fuzzed and then "satellite reception not being received" comes up, just wondering if anybody else experiencing this with setanta.

Not on topic but you will need your Dish looked at .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Taylieboo wrote: »

I think you'll find most of the "big matches" are on Sky, especially the ones between the top 4. Don't think Setanta had any of them last year.

Advertisement