Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 80GB deals?

• 24-08-2008 1:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,426 ✭✭✭✭

Preferably with a game of my choice for 400e if at all possible.

Anyone know what Zavvi, Gamestop or HMV are doing?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

If you want to wait a couple of months, there's a 160GB PS3 coming out October 31st. It will have Uncharted and Pain bundled, plus €70 of additional downloadable content "to be announced closer to the release date". It'll cost €450. More details on Eurogamer and other gaming sites.

If you don't want to wait, check out Xtravision too. They've had good deals in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭barry75

Agros are selling them at 399e plus a free game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,426 ✭✭✭✭noodler

That is true but the free game is either MotorStorm or Resistance I am afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Last Sat (24th August) I went to Argos and bought an 80Gig PS3 with accessory pack [HDMI cable, extra (non Sony) controller, remote control for DVD player] and a game, all for €444.77. Which was nice.

GTA4 or Metal Gear Solid 4 were definitely available as the games you could choose. Can't remember the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,426 ✭✭✭✭noodler

What are the total contents of the accessory pack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Last Sat (24th August) I went to Argos and bought an 80Gig PS3 with accessory pack [HDMI cable, extra (non Sony) controller, remote control for DVD player] and a game, all for €444.77. Which was nice.

GTA4 or Metal Gear Solid 4 were definitely available as the games you could choose. Can't remember the rest.
    Yeah thats the best deal I've seen so far.
    The next best being €435 for 80GB PS3 and any new release game in Gamestop.

Whats the offer in Extravision?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

noodler wrote: »
    What are the total contents of the accessory pack?

Remote control for dvd player + USB receiver
    Extra controller + USB receiver
    HDMI cable

All non Sony stuff though. Haven't used the controller or the remote yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

If you are up North it works out at about €370 in Argos for 80 gig PS3, and about €409 with accessory pack and a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

blue-army wrote: »
    Yeah thats the best deal I've seen so far.
    The next best being €435 for 80GB PS3 and any new release game in Gamestop.

Whats the offer in Extravision?

The best Xtra-vision deal is: 80GB PS3 with any game under €70 for a total of €410, not bad ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

The best Xtra-vision deal is: 80GB PS3 with any game under €70 for a total of €410, not bad ;)
    No controller with that though I suppose?

The HDMI cable alone is probably worth €20 alone so the Argos one is probably the best offer.
    I'll be buying one from there next week when FIFA09 comes out! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭crouchie15

does anyone know if the 80gb version have ps2 compatiblity?
    thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Nope, it isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭ve

Can anyone tell me why you would wait or fork out more money for a PS3 (or console) that just has a larger hard disk, considering the device can access a network and can stream content from your home LAN.

I don't own a console, don't have any time for gaming these days, but was over in a mates house recently and did a quick look to see if we could stream movies from his PC. Within 10mins we were up and running and now he has a few hundred gig of content available to his PS3, and all of this is regardless of how big the hard disk is that he has in the console.

At the end of the day 80GB or 160GB, it's bugger all when you probably have Terrabytes of stuff on your network already.

Although as I said, I'm not a gamer. I have a pc with an 8800GTS 512MB (non SLI) which I'll play a game on whenever I get a chance, so I am probably missing something here.

If I'm right I think people could save money here on the run up to christmas, and if I'm wrong, I would like to be educated.

Advertisement