Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Dun Laoghaire?

Options
  • 24-08-2008 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭

I'm starting college in SCD in dun laoghaire next month, and, as luck would have it, there is no parking for students.

Where can I get parking around dun laoghaire, free preferably, but even is there anywhere that does monthly parking tickets etc?

Help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

Good luck with the course, I did one there 2 years ago.... anyway there's no free parking in Dun Laoghaire, and God help you if your ticket runs out the place is crawling with vultures ready to hit you with tickets. There is a car park off library road that used to do rates for all day, weekly and monthly. You could give them a call (it's the one opposite the enterance to the bloomfields car park)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

SCD has an arangement with DCFE (Other end of the town) where some students can apply for a parking badge for their carpark

However they are quite hard to get

give scd a call, they will let you know the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Dunno exactly where SCD is but towards the Glasthule end there's parking for €1/hour or €5 a day, opposite Teddy's on the seafront. Also €5 a day at sandycove train station.

God knows how much I've spent on parking in Dun Laoghaire in the past year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

glasthule is only a short walk from SCD. your best bet is public transport really, from where ever you are staying. you may even end up parking near a bus stop/dart stop to dun laoghaire instead of parking in the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

SCD has an arangement with DCFE (Other end of the town) where some students can apply for a parking badge for their carpark

However they are quite hard to get

give scd a call, they will let you know the story.

Thanks all.

With regard to the above I gave SCD a call they never heard of it and DCFE themselves said there is nothing like that, they are even short spaces for staff. Where did you hear that Agent Smith?

I'll be getting the dart most days to college but I know I will need to drive in sometimes if I am due elsewhere in the day and home is too far away (swords). €5 a day at glasthule and sandycove station is pretty good I'll check them out next week when I'm driving in for registration.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Elessar wrote: »
    Thanks all.

With regard to the above I gave SCD a call they never heard of it and DCFE themselves said there is nothing like that, they are even short spaces for staff. Where did you hear that Agent Smith?

I'll be getting the dart most days to college but I know I will need to drive in sometimes if I am due elsewhere in the day and home is too far away (swords). €5 a day at glasthule and sandycove station is pretty good I'll check them out next week when I'm driving in for registration.

Trouble is it fills up by about 8am from what I have seen and the parking spaces elsewhere in Glasthule are only up to 3 hours.

The Pavilion car park does weekly tickets but not sure how much. Personally I'd Dart it as if you try and get on street parking you could end up walking further than if you walk from the station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

When I was in SCD, on the days i had to drive in, i used to park down in the IMC cinema car park...think it was cheap enough. Whatever you do if you park at say the Boylan Centre at the side and back of SCD, don't risk letting your meter money run out and go over time. The parking warden is there ALL the time.

There's the car park down near teddys ice cream shop but the chances of getting parking there are very slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gabbo57

Down in Glasthule across from the church there's a bit in the car park which isn't covered by pay & display(Cowshed Car Park). If you get there before nine in the morning your laughing.

Alternatively i'll rent ya my driveway for €50 a week:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

There is free on street parking just up from the Crossroad in Glasthule.
    Albert road? just along where the old post office is. 10 minute walk from there to SCD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

The old post office is in Adelaide Road, Albert Road is Sandycove and a little further away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

^^ Thats the one, always get those two mixed up:)

Advertisement