Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flights to 6 - Nations Games

• 24-08-2008 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey,

Ive been looking around recently for flights to the 6 Nations games in Scotland and Wales next March.

Saw on the Aer Lingus website that they've flights to Cardiff in March for the game on the 21st March.

Worked out @ €315 inclusive, compared to €400+ with Aer Arann ... So I snapped up two straight away.

Anyone else manage to sort their flights out recently? ... Did i get a good deal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭theKramer

I picked up flights a month ago to Edinburgh for the Scotland game in March with EasyJet for €110. Have to fly from Belfast, but thats a small price to pay, compared to saving €300 that I would have been shafted for by Aer Lingus/Ryanair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Barra7

315euro, are you having a laugh?!, you got shafted mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 irishrugby2008

Barra7 wrote: »
    315euro, are you having a laugh?!, you got shafted mate!

Do you think so?

I tryed all the Airlines that serve Cardiff, and it's only Aer Lingus and Aer Arann. Ryanair fly to Bristol, but its a camel trek to Cardiff from there.

Think i got a sweet deal, I know another group that also got their flights for €315, and there delighted, they payed over €600 last time because they left it too late.

The early bird catches the worm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Do you think so?

I tryed all the Airlines that serve Cardiff, and it's only Aer Lingus and Aer Arann. Ryanair fly to Bristol, but its a camel trek to Cardiff from there.

Think i got a sweet deal, I know another group that also got their flights for €315, and there delighted, they payed over €600 last time because they left it too late.

The early bird catches the worm!

don't think so man. afaik its only an hour on the train

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Barra7

You must be a bit simple flying with Aerlingus, I doubht they are giving out any 'sweet deals' after returning a loss off 22million at the end of Q2.

Stop being lazy and travel to Belfast and go with easyjet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Barra7 wrote: »
    You must be a bit simple flying with Aerlingus, I doubht they are giving out any 'sweet deals' after returning a loss off 22million at the end of Q2.

Stop being lazy and travel to Belfast and go with easyjet.

I must say, I totally agree with you there. The ammount of people who would pay €2-300 extra to fly direct into a city in a country with such a good transport network such as the UK, Germany or France totally boggles me.
    Last time I checked an hour of my time is not worth over €200 (wish my employers felt that way though :D)

Advertisement