Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 broadband is ****

Options
  • 24-08-2008 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

o2 broadband is **** im getting 1.50kbps ber second:mad:

o2 broadband 26 votes

is rubbish
    0%
    is great
    42%
    XDAjimmycrackcormpwdKStafordtowel401MunsterCyclinglmimmfnWalkmanSofa_King GoodJP Lizballyrick 11 votes
    is fast
    42%
    jor elTrotterjoePCFiretrapLongrangedrivercroojimmyjim11rc28Suspiria79IcdbDardania 11 votes
    is slow
    15%
    lad12KieraJudge2112foggy_lad 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Thats faster than mine! I'm 1.0. Fraudband

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Well yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's totally dependant on location, i know someone who has it and is getting a steady 3mbps down.

Well i have full edge coverage :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 ballyrick

is great
    i shood be getting 30.00kbps
    (ive got 99%edge ):eek:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

which isn't really what you would be wanting for fast broadband

This could become a megathread sticky.

is great
    ya

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

barnicles wrote: »
    This could become a megathread sticky.

I don't see that happening. The 3 megathread was because loads of people were having loads of problems (crap cc, not getting refunds when they were supposed to, pretty much everyone getting rubbish speeds). Getting rubbish speeds on edge isn't a problem it's a fact. You have 14 days after getting the service to return it. I advise you do that.

I have it three months :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I have it three months :)
    Well you're pretty much boned then. Go into the settings. There should be a box you can tick called "3g mode only" or something like that. Tick the box and see if that affects your speed.

I was told by o2 to do the opposite

Did it work?

No

No
    Meh, it was worth a shot at least. Doing that only forces the modem to connect to a 3g mast even if an edge mast is closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

is fast
    O2 has been shown to be, overall, better than 3 or vodafone on these forums before. 3 simply do not provide a service, vodafone are expensive and have a sh*te cap.
    What speeds you get is entirely dependant on your location (ie how many users and how far from the mast) but in my experience o2 speedtest results are usually the fastest (sometimes getting 3Mb down and 1Mb up).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

OP where are you trying to use the device? Have you used it in other locations without issue? Why didn't you return it when you first noticed that it wasn't suitable for your location?

OP where are you trying to use the device? Have you used it in other locations without issue? Why didn't you return it when you first noticed that it wasn't suitable for your location?

I know the OP and our bb was fine until mid july

I know the OP and our bb was fine until mid july

OK but where are you trying to use it?

O2 said there was a problem at the mast and they are fixing it.

• Advertisement

is great
    im about half a km from the mast and getting 99.99% edge cover
    and there is only one other user on it barnicles

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

as mentioned 4 or 5 times already on this thread, edge is feck all use for broadband.

Yes but before mid july it was fine

You're not near College Road by any chance?

WTF is collage road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

is fast
    I have O2 broadband since it was first launched, and have always found it to be very good. I've used it in Wexford, Limerick, Galway, Dublin, Waterford and Ketty so far, and the only place I had a problem with it was Dungarvan, and that's because there was no O2 coverage at all in the house I was in.

Even if you have HSDPA signal and good speeds, it's still not broadband though, and none of them should be allowed to call it that. That's never going to change though.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭lad12

is slow
    I signed up to O2 broadband yesterday.

My current speed is 2056kbs down & 338 kbs up.

Should i be expecting more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

is fast
    With O2 dropping its price and lots of 3 customers coming to the end of their contracts and looking to take their business elsewhere, O2 could be gaining a lot of new customers. This of course has the potential to cause problems with over-subscribed networks.

Yes but there is two transmitters in the space of two miles in our area

• Advertisement

is great
    anybody who can get dsl get it BUT DO NOT GET MOBILE IT IS SHI-T

Advertisement