Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re recent speed upgrade

Options
  • 24-08-2008 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

My 3Mb BT broadband in Kilkenny City has not been upgraded. It's still 3Mb. I have reset the ADSL line via the router page and no change.

Has anyone else not got the upgrade?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ditto. My 2Mb hasn't been upgraded yet. Must give eircom a ring about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Ditto. My 2Mb hasn't been upgraded yet. Must give eircom a ring about it.

When I checked the BT website it said it should have been done on the 19th Aug. Will need to call them myself I think. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

the way things are lookin ya might be better off to stay on 3 mb, theres a lot of complaints bout the 7.6mb upgrade

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

What are your line stats like? Afaik eircom didn't upgrade some peoples lines because they couldnt handle over the 2/3meg,

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

On talking with two people on the Bliary exchange in Athlone, one was upgraded from 3M to 7.6M (Eircom) and the other on 2M (UTV) was not yet upgraded. Line stats are good, SNR of ~24 Attn of ~42.

• Advertisement

yoyo wrote: »
    What are your line stats like? Afaik eircom didn't upgrade some peoples lines because they couldnt handle over the 2/3meg,

Nick

Line stats..

Downstream Noise Margin
    relative capacity occupation: 71%
    noise margin downstream: 12.0 db
    output power upstream: 1.0 dbm
    attenuation downstream: 42.0 db

Seem to be worse than they were. :mad:

Also just checked the BT site again and it has now changed from 19th Aug to POST SEPTEMBER. :mad:

guil07 wrote: »
    the way things are lookin ya might be better off to stay on 3 mb, theres a lot of complaints bout the 7.6mb upgrade

Even the 3Mb is pissing me off at the moment! Pings are facking terrible. :mad

267ms to Dublin speedtest server last night. :mad

Advertisement