Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working during the academic year?

Options
  • 24-08-2008 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Do many of you students have part-time jobs? I am starting the Media Arts course in Aungiers Street in September. From what I hear I may have a bit of spare time. I'd like to get a part-time job for the weekends and maybe an odd weekday after college.

Is this a good idea? Has anyone got any reccomendations on where to look? (ie what establishments are flexible on hours?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭hockeygirl

well.... if you were to get a job try grafton st st stephens green area. I worked in Dunnes Stores in stephens green when I was in college. Ever sat and sunday. But the ask for 2 evenings per week which is a stretch but I still did it anyway.

My main problem is that if you work a thursday you could be there til; 10.30pm which sucks especially if you live in the sticks like myself.

Marks and sparks also good with better pay.

Or go for a fubky shop with good discounts like schuh on o'connell st... etcetc...

my advise. Print out a few cvs and go to each shop you would like to work for and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I too live in the sticks, Badly gonna need a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

What is the sticks? Pardon my ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Uncomfortably outside the city =/

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

Ah I thought that, just making sure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement