Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Moving Country - Need rid of car fast - Suggestions

Options
  • 24-08-2008 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Leaving for US in October for at least 12 months.

Have a 2006 Peugeot - 40k miles

Is absolutely identical in every way to this one.

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Peugeot/307/1.4-ST/1169620/

Any suggestions on how i should sell this?

I know the dealer pretty well, so i was thinking i might ask him to sell it for me, but not sure how much they would want to do this?

Anyway, comments welcome on how i can shift this quickly.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

sounds simple. but if your looking for a quick sale put in on carzone / cgb for a cheap price and keep lowering it by a few quid until you get a taker.

market is very depressed at the mo though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

Run it through an auction, maybe take amate who knows what he is doing to bump the price up a bit.

auction is a bad idea unless you really dont care about how much you get for your car. Usually the sale price at auction is very low

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

miju wrote: »
    auction is a bad idea unless you really dont care about how much you get for your car. Usually the sale price at auction is very low

Can you not put a reserve on it ???

AFAIK merlin and a few of the other main ones dont allow you a reserve

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

ok thanks for that

was never at a car auction, as you say it may not be the best to sell a valuable car

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Yes they do. Every car that goes through an auction has a reserve on it, unless specifically specified by the vendor to sell it with "no reserve". Guess how I know?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you've got to put a reasonable reserve on it. these yokes aren't worth anywhere near what that guy on Carzone is asking.

so the car goes through the auction, nobody gets near your reserve price, and you've wasted an evening.

Anyone going to an auction to buy an 06 307 is going to want it cheap. also - a dealer almost definately won't sell it for you ahead of one of his own cars - unless it's worth his while - i.e you get far less for the car than he does.

Sorry for being negative, but you've got a car that is hard to sell, and you need to do it in a hurry, the only way I can see around it is by sticking it in carzone at thousands less than the others.

well ya learn something new every day. I help prepare about 20-40 cars a week that go to merlin for auction and I've never heard of our crowd putting a reserve on the cars

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The market is dead at the moment.

If you want to get rid of it quick then you are going to have to price it accordingly, in other words way cheaper than other similar cars.

• Advertisement
Advertisement