Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Jerseys

• 24-08-2008 3:15pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This is more suited for Bargain Requests, but im looking for a shop in the city also so here might be more appropriate. Does anybody know any place in Waterford to buy an Waterford Official (or hurling related if not official) Jersey for a 5month old child? Aiming for clothes that fit a child of 1. I cant seem to find any for that size.

I would prefer to purchase it online, but if anyone knows of any shops that sell them in the city I will try them also. :)

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Wolftone378

Hi Sully, I haven't seen any in the shops but, a few months back I bought a child's shirt from a link on the upthedeise.com website. ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hi Sully, I haven't seen any in the shops but, a few months back I bought a child's shirt from a link on the upthedeise.com website. ;)

Do you know the link or where the link was on that site?

If you go to upthedeise.com you will see the add. They have a variety of styles for children of all ages - at least they did. If you are not able to find it, leave a message and I will dig through my reciepts. I'm not good at keeping them once the bill has been paid! :eek:

Just checked the website. Click on the shop link. Jerseys and tees for children and toddlers and you do it all online!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

EDIT: Ah your talking about the UpTheDeise shop? No, im not interested in those type of ones - I am looking for the official hurling jersey rather then a walking advert for UpTheDeise :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

creggy wrote: »

Doesn't say the size.. might be to big/small?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Try Ken McGraths shop up by Ballybricken, I'd say he should have a fairly hefty selection of different sizes up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

sully, try azzurri also, they are out near avondale , just before avondale take a right and they are on the left just there.

daftdave wrote: »
    sully, try azzurri also, they are out near avondale , just before avondale take a right and they are on the left just there.

Forgive me but where is avondale again!? :o

I spotted two UK sites which has the right size but I am looking to get this before next Thursday as my nephew will be in Croatia for the match and id like him to wear it then! Buying from these sites can take, in some cases, 28 days and its more expensive due to it being in sterling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Right next to Cherrymount. Head up past the dog track or if you're coming in from the ORR it's the estate opposite the shops on the right hand side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

kensutz wrote: »
    Right next to Cherrymount. Head up past the dog track or if you're coming in from the ORR it's the estate opposite the shops on the right hand side.

when you go in , the shop is on the right , through the door.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

My niece is 18months old and we got her one in Ken McGrath's. Hope this helps Sully

Aquos76 wrote: »
    My niece is 18months old and we got her one in Ken McGrath's. Hope this helps Sully

Perfect. Ill try get in to have a look today :) Thanks!

Turns out they only have the goalkeep ones, but hoping they will have the player ones in later in the week!

Slightly of topic, but I see Waterford Hurler Eoin McGrath(or somebody posing as him), has also sold his Waterford Hurling jersey from the Semi final against Tipp

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110281845071&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm38.l1313%26_nkw%3D110281845071%26_fvi%3D1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

I think someone on another site pointed out the fact that he gave it away to someone to sell it for a charity on the internet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Gauls08

Sully , my frind got 2 baby jerseys in azurri this morning, €30 each. want t g quick i believe tho!!:)

kensutz wrote: »
    I think someone on another site pointed out the fact that he gave it away to someone to sell it for a charity on the internet

Maybe, but you would imagine that there would have been some sort of mention of a Charity in the listings. I also mentions that this jersey was worn by "me" in the listing, which indicates that he is the one selling it.

These are other auctions from the same ebay member
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110277364505
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110273252070
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110273478856

Fair play to him indeed, if its for charity, but I would have expected it to be mentioned on each listing, which it wasnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

The Waterford team are training in Walsh Park tonight and it's open to the public. There's about 1500 people there at the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement