Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike Insurance

• 24-08-2008 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hi all,
    What would insurance cost on a 125cc bike? For a 20 yr old with a provsional bike licence and full car licence.

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

How long is a piece of string mate. It really differs from person to person but in general, for a 20 year old-not 'cheap' unfortunately.

Search the threads here but there's only a handful of companies doing bike insurance anyway so it'll take you all of 15 minutes to find out all your options on the phone tomorrow;

Aon Bikecare
    Adelaide
    Carol Nash
    Quinn Direct

....and I think that's them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

A sports 125 will be much more expensive to insure than a cruiser/enduro/moped with the same cc.

Some of the companies won't insure young 1st time riders, but will once you get 1 years NCB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

For a TDR 125 I would say between a grand &1500
    Your age is against you, if you get over the first year or 2 it gets a bit easier
    If your car insurance is with Quinn Direct you will get a discount not sure but I think it’s up to 30% off
    As said above just give them a ring & let us know how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 27 thebandito600

Same as limerick bandit you should get a good discount once you have your car insured by the same company. if its a sports 125 then i'd stick with the car but if its a tdr or ybr 125 it should be ok bout 1500.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭gipi

If your car insurance is with AXA, mention that when you're looking for a quote from AON (who is a subsidiary or broker for AXA). They do give discounts if you've got "6 wheels" insured with them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 rocky112

There are different insurance companies and each one give different quotes. I am 20 and I pay around £160 to £300 for the year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement