Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting two wires together

Options
  • 24-08-2008 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am trying to hook up the radio in the car. I have a pioneer lead - pioneer connector on one end goes straight into the radio and just wires the other side.

I gor an iso connector and there is wires sticking out of it un-terminated. I just want to join the two wires in some sort of junction box or something. There's about 10 wires in total to connect I think.

What do I need to connect them? ie. What kind of box?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

use a small 10 way block connector and tape it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    use a small 10 way block connector and tape it up

Cheers. Would the 3 amp one from here do the trick?

Why do you need to tape it up and would you need to be very careful the tape isn't touching any bare wire?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

as far as i can understand from your description you need to go to a motor factors and get an connection for your specific car,once you get this for your car it will take any make of radio, i got one in halfords for mine they usually have most car makes in stock and you dont have to cut any wires,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

landydef wrote: »
    as far as i can understand from your description you need to go to a motor factors and get an connection for your specific car,once you get this for your car it will take any make of radio, i got one in halfords for mine they usually have most car makes in stock and you dont have to cut any wires,

It's actually a pioneer I'm putting in though not car brand. I've found it impossible to get a lead for this pioneer that has iso on the other end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

i would use bullet connectors, the male crimps onto the stereo side of the lead and the female connects to the car loom side. the come in differant colours and much neater then a connector strip. heres an example, there the 5th/6th item down
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?menuno=12326&FromMenu=y&doy=25m8&MenuName=Crimp%20Terminals

• Advertisement
Advertisement