Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVENING GOWNS/DEBS DRESSES

Options
  • 24-08-2008 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

So Debs is next month frown.gif and i still have no idea where to get a great dress.
    I'v looked in Lara Boutique and Arnotts and some other places but havent seen anything great.
    Im very conscious about my stomach and so i really think Empire line is the best bet for me and suits my shape, im quite tall also and alot of dresses barely touch the floor without heels. Im liking the Grecian look: Empire Line, Flowing material ...(no stiff, puffy material with tull etc).

I have considered getting it made, and had a dress designed but really wasnt mad about it. I put down €100 deposit so if i really have to go back there i can.

Im a bit picky about it also as i have platinum blonde hair and would definitely be getting a good spray tan for it...so im not going for bright colours as i stand out already. lol

Does anyone know of places in Dublin to get really FAB gowns up to about €400?????

Any help is very much appreciated.

user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I think this would be better in Fashion & Appearance

Moved from The Ladies Lounge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Monsoon have a sale on at the moment, that might be worth looking at.
    Also would you maybe try the Kildare outlet Centre, they have a monsoon and a coast there and the prices are very good (if you do manage to find something)

There is also a great little formal wear shop in Nutgrove Shopping centre which may be worth a look, I've often got something in there and at less than 200 euro sometimes. They also keep a list of the dresses bought by which attendee's at which school so nobody ends up with the same one!

Another spot might be the powerscourt centre, top floor, although they can be quite pricey. I don't know if arnots still do it on henry street, but they used to have a formal section on the top floor...

I hope that gets you started!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tabouli

Was in Dublin just last week looking for debs dresses! Pamela Scott have a good selection, so do House of Fraser in Dundrum. There's also nice stuff in Dresscode in Arnotts and in Debenhams too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Principles had a lovely dress, I saw it in the Irish Independent tv guide thingy, lovely purple one.

Apart from that, where are you based? Plenty of little boutiques on the sout side on the dart line

Blackrock - Fran & Jane, other places too don't know their names

Dun Laoghaire - Liuizzi down at Bloomfields shopping Centre

Dalkey / Glasthule / Sandycove -again alot of places that I can't remember their names Roccoco is there anyway

Bray - Milan & Co

Check out the various websites too, maybe try ASOS, they have some nice dresses for cheap enough, dunno how debs like they are. Also eBay has plenty of kinda of shops that do ball gowns etc

Mods: Since it's that time of year, how about a sticky at the top or one combined thread with all the posts for questions about Debs dresses..all to do with debs and dresses for 21sts/christmas parties?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Actually just googled for debs dresses and came across this site and did a search!

http://www.debsball.ie/search.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I came across this one too...http://www.arielles-debs-dresses.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

wicked frills on dorset street does some lovely dresses thats where i got mine

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

Try Kildare village also the freemans catalogue they have some lovely stuff in it!!
    Kalu in Naas or Classy Lass in Clane are good too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Strawberries07

I got mine in a shop on the top level of powerscourt 2 years ago! Amazing dresses! They will take you name and the colour and style of the dress you have and take the school name so no one else from your school can buy that dress! They have every colour and every style to suit whatever shape size colouring you are!As far as i know its beside an antique shop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 lil fire engine

this is my 3rd debs so im not as bothered bout going all out on dresses etc.... anyone no any sites or shops i cud look in for cheap and not ott dresses jus plain, simple and inexpensive ones?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 godboy

excellent quality and service, customised dresses and most of them are under €200!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Try TKMaxx. They always have a few and you might just find a nice one

Advertisement