Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip Off Ireland.

Options
  • 24-08-2008 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭

Was looking to change my 'puter . Went onto the Dell site and kinda decided on the Inspiron 530, plenty adequate for my needs...569 euro with the 19" monitor....o.k.
    But wait a minute..its only £399 in the u.k. or up north..which is about 485 euro.....:eek:
    Contacted Dell on their "live chat"...funny enough i lost the connection twice during the conversation...:rolleyes:
    third time i got the usual "different currencies" crap..and that was that...
    Any thoughts.....?.
    Another thing i noticed is that PissyWorld are selling Dell cheaper than Dell.confused..i'll say..:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Moved from Computers and Technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

You can still buy on the UK site but you need a UK address
    Another thing i noticed is that PissyWorld are selling Dell cheaper than Dell.confused..i'll say

Different components PC world just want to look cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

Sids Not wrote: »
    Was looking to change my 'puter . Went onto the Dell site and kinda decided on the Inspiron 530, plenty adequate for my needs...569 euro with the 19" monitor....o.k.
    But wait a minute..its only £399 in the u.k. or up north..which is about 485 euro.....:eek:
    Contacted Dell on their "live chat"...funny enough i lost the connection twice during the conversation...:rolleyes:
    third time i got the usual "different currencies" crap..and that was that...
    Any thoughts.....?.
    Another thing i noticed is that PissyWorld are selling Dell cheaper than Dell.confused..i'll say..:confused:

What rate are you using? The current rate according to XE.com is 1.25298, which is better than anything you will actually get in a bank\ credit card. This gives a value of €499.93 * 1.035 (VAT diff) = €517.42.

If you were to buy the UK computer with an Irish credit card the rate would probably be closer to 1.29 which would give €519.70. The UK is also a different market to ROI and price points of x99 are usually special offers specific to that market

Dell may also have looked into the cost of providing after sale support for the different markets and decided that people in Ireland are more likely to complain about trivial things than people in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The difference between the two vat rates also closes the gap.

Advertisement