Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband: Extending cable length

Options
  • 24-08-2008 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I have fixed wireless Breeze Connection. The cable from the antenna to the indoor unit (IDU PS1073) is not long enough and I'd like to extend it a couple of meters (about 3 meters). This will leave it well under its length restriction.

I've downloaded the installation manual for this, but the wiring diagram shows Blue, Bluewhite, Orange, Orange/White, Brown, Brown/White, Green, Green/White. That's fine, but the cable installed by IBB is Brown, Brown/White, Green, Green/White, Blue, Blue/White, Orange, Orange/White.

Which scheme should I use? Why would IBB deviate from the installation guide? I want to extend it with shielded Cat5e. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

it doesnt really matter what colour they are just match them up to what way its wired, ie write down what colour goes to what point int the connector

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭nonsequitir

Yeah, doing that, was just wondering if there was any significance to the colours in the same way that 568A and 568B and functionally equivalent, but 568A is typically preferred. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

I recommend you get a proper in-line connector for this.
    Then you can just plug a 3m length of Cat5 straight in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

wasnt sure if ya could get one of them

guil07 wrote: »
    wasnt sure if ya could get one of them

Yeah you can, I had a few back in the days when I was networking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Karsini wrote: »
    Yeah you can, I had a few back in the days when I was networking.
    Something like this should do the job but I'm sure you'll pick one up in PC World or similiar for a tenner or so if you're in a hurry.

Advertisement