Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl's next fishing sale?

Options
  • 24-08-2008 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi all was wondering does anyone know when lidl are going to have another fishing sale? I need to get waders and dont want to pay mad money in the tackle shops, cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Popanddrop

Why not you get some waders by Behr you can pick them up cheap from most tackle stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nialldonohoe

Anyone know how much they cost or where theres any place to get them? Live in Clonee so near Blanchardstown in Dublin.
    Can you hire them from anywhere? Have back garden flooded & need to borrow a pair to unblock the drain in the corner.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭DConway

Fishing gear in again on Monday

Handy for picking up bits and peices

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20110307.index

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭blackstairsboy

Don't bother with lidl waders. Save up and buy a good pair as they are worth there weight in gold. I have a pair 4 years and no bother with them. They cost me 120 euro at the time and was money well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Don't bother with lidl waders. Save up and buy a good pair as they are worth there weight in gold. I have a pair 4 years and no bother with them. They cost me 120 euro at the time and was money well spent.
    I had a Lidl pair for 4 years too, only cost a score.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

i picked up a 17ft rod and reel there for 25 or so quid, rod is grand, reel is **** but will do for a spare in case i damage a good one, would get ya through the day:D.... rod was worth the money alone

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

bayliner wrote: »
    i picked up a 17ft rod and reel there for 25 or so quid, rod is grand, reel is **** but will do for a spare in case i damage a good one, would get ya through the day:D.... rod was worth the money alone

i got one of those too. Agree with you, the rod is good, reel not so good. Still good value, though.

I also got a pair of the Lidl waders. Excellent value for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

+1 on the waders. Only problem is that they're not breathable so you do tend to sweat a bit in them. But sure im usually going home to have a shower after a good days fishing any way so no biggie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭delsalmon

agree with above post behr waders top notch, got a waggler rod from lidl/aldi all the same, total dirt gear, bought it for people visiting me for canal sessions, total dirt. i wouldnt bother with them, buy cheap buy twice. dirt gear for munchers, they dont even sell disgorgers or unhooking mats or softmesh landing nets. total crap, only thing decent is the aldi creel bag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

delsalmon wrote: »
    agree with above post behr waders top notch, got a waggler rod from lidl/aldi all the same, total dirt gear, bought it for people visiting me for canal sessions, total dirt. i wouldnt bother with them, buy cheap buy twice. dirt gear for munchers, they dont even sell disgorgers or unhooking mats or softmesh landing nets. total crap, only thing decent is the aldi creel bag

went in for a nose today, rods were total muck. for 15 beans the umbrella didnt look bad. got 2 spools of braid just to see what it would be like. After being in the show is swords last month, the smaller stuff in lidl seems very expensive for what you get

• Advertisement
Advertisement