Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interailing

• 24-08-2008 6:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Me and four other lads are going interrailing for two weeks, leaving this sunday. We intend on stopping in Krakow, Budapest, Prague and Bratislava. Im just wondering about prices. We are 18 y/o student, so we are'nt looking for upmarket establishments, just drunken nights and full bellies!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

From my own experience,

Krakow: Mamas hostel
    Budapest: Suite hostel (Best hostel ever!!)
    Prague: Travelers hostel, There are two but book the one on the island.
    Bratislava: Downtown hostel, didn't like the city though, very dreary and unfriendly not a whole lot to do either.

Everywhere has the tourist traps but in the places your going there is lots of places where you can eat and drink for cheapish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

dancor wrote: »
    From my own experience,

Krakow: Mamas hostel
    Budapest: Suite hostel (Best hostel ever!!)
    Prague: Travelers hostel, There are two but book the one on the island.
    Bratislava: Downtown hostel, didn't like the city though, very dreary and unfriendly not a whole lot to do either.

Everywhere has the tourist traps but in the places your going there is lots of places where you can eat and drink for cheapish.
    Agreed, Bratislava is a sh*t hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

When you get to Prague take a day or two out to visit Cesky Krumlov. It's where they filmed Hostel.

I was shocked watching that film because I more or less followed the plot to a tee. Just without being murdered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

If you go to Krakow stay in Hocus Pocus, it's right in the city center, very cheap and very clean. They let us eat breakfast on two mornings even though we should only have had one and they were very friendly and knowlegable about the city. Take a day trip to Auschwitz while you're there, it's free in so you only have to pay for the bus.

If you're clubbing in Prague go to the Karlovy Lagne (sp?) It's a 5 storey club with different music on each floor and beanbags on the top floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I would honestly say **** Bratislava and head for Vienna. It is unreal craic and drink is piss cheap there too if that's what you're after. I was in both only a few weeks ago, I went inter-railing for a month and the biggest waste of time was easily Bratislava.
    You won't have a problem finding Hostels, most train stations have info points and the like for them. You'll spend around 25 a night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭duckmusic

In Krakow stay in the stranger hostel. It unreal. Its a big party hostel where all the staff just want to have fun. They dont mind you staying up drinking with them till 7am !!!:) Very friendly place where you will get to know a lot of people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Mygsy

dunno why every1 sez bratislava is a ****hole, datz what heard 2 and only ended up going there cos the vienna train was full but was pleasantly surprised!!! not alot 2 do there like but a pretty city to spend a day and seen as your 5 lads, itz true what they say slovakian women r really beautiful, I was dead jealous of em all haha!!

Advertisement