Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband for 3 months

Options
  • 24-08-2008 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭

Does anybody know of a broadband provider that does NOT require a 12 month contract? I will only be needing it for the next three months?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Some are 6 months. You may get 3 months if you ring and offer to pay unsubsidized install price.

Ring around.

Then again, you may not be able to get Broadband at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭líreacán

Well, its in the city centre, so I reckon it'll be there to get. I guess the best bet is to ring around alright. Don't mind if a cancellation fee has to be paid, once its not extortionate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Three prepay

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

ya could do what i did, when i was changin bb i just rang up and said i couldnt afford it anymore so i had to cancel it, i was only 5 months into a 12 month contract

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

barnicles wrote: »
    Three prepay

The Mobile 3G/HSDPA (O2, 3, Vodaphone) is not the same thing as fixed Broadband.

High latency.
    Speed May be up to 3.6 or 7.2, but equally can be 200k. Depends much more than fixed Wireless, DSL or Cable on how many connect in one mast sector and how good the signal is. Also if it disconnects you lose the session, which can happen easily.

Many people on 3 share same IP, so some sites won't work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭nohopengn

If you're going to be a relatively light BB user, then 3s' prepay is probably a good option.

I don't know of any landline option that offers 3month contracts

Advertisement