Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hen Night Tricks???

Options
  • 24-08-2008 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

hi ladies,

one of my very good mates from work is having her hen night next sat. me and the girls (from work) want to spice the night up for her a bit.

any idea's on what we could do as i really can't think of anything....

we are doing the whole something blue, borrowed,new and old and think we may have our hands on stripper at a very reasonable price.

so any other idea's would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

mollybird wrote: »
    think we may have our hands on stripper at a very reasonable price.

You hired one of the lads from BGRH ?? :D

Sorry never been to a hen night but would the stripper not be enough for her to handle on one night :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

Trinity1 wrote: »

Sorry never been to a hen night but would the stripper not be enough for her to handle on one night :P

we looking to do little jokey things to her. maybe what we have planned is really enough. never really been to a proper hens do myself so not sure what it is they do.

mollybird wrote: »
    we looking to do little jokey things to her. maybe what we have planned is really enough. never really been to a proper hens do myself so not sure what it is they do.

Its usually just printed t-shirts and funny hair bands and the like. Wouldnt want to be trying too many tricks on the bride to be before her big day!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Trinity1 wrote: »

Nothing reasonably priced about the services of one of the Brothers for the evening. You're paying top dollar for quantity there, and if you're really lucky there may also be a bit of quality. ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Have you checked with the bride that she actually wants you to do these "jokey" things and a strippers because if i found out people were going to do those type of things at my hen party - i wouldnt turn up

i find it all in extremely bad taste

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Personally I wouldn't like a stripper, it's just not needed imo and I'd be pretty embarrassed to have one.

I was on a hen weekend just there and we had great fun. We had champagne in the hotel room before dinner where we played a few games.

Toilet roll bride - Divide the guests into two teams, the bride isnt on either, shes the judge. Both teams have to use tissue paper and toilet roll to creat a wedding dress on one of the team members, must include a veil and a bouquet and you give them 10 mins to create it. A 4 pack of toilet roll, a few sheets of white tissue paper and a roll of sellotape each is all you need. And of course a camera or 10!! Do a modelling contest explaining your designs and the bride chooses the winner. Twas a good laugh. Obviously this is better in the privacy of a house or hotel room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

Cathooo wrote: »
    Personally I wouldn't like a stripper, it's just not needed imo and I'd be pretty embarrassed to have one.

I was on a hen weekend just there and we had great fun. We had champagne in the hotel room before dinner where we played a few games.

Toilet roll bride - Divide the guests into two teams, the bride isnt on either, shes the judge. Both teams have to use tissue paper and toilet roll to creat a wedding dress on one of the team members, must include a veil and a bouquet and you give them 10 mins to create it. A 4 pack of toilet roll, a few sheets of white tissue paper and a roll of sellotape each is all you need. And of course a camera or 10!! Do a modelling contest explaining your designs and the bride chooses the winner. Twas a good laugh. Obviously this is better in the privacy of a house or hotel room.

that's what i was thinking. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Craft25

just been over to germany and they have this traditiony thing where the bride to be carries a box on her front suspended with strings/ribbon round her neck, all done up sparkly like (shes usually dressed silly - gaudy 80's/ fairy dress etc.etc)... the idea is the girls as they go from bar to bar have to try get as many little pressies off the boys as possible.. keyrings, old student IDs, whatever.. good way for all the girls to get stuck into the lads around town while making a show of yer one at the same time!! bit of craic to be had dressin her beforehand im sure aswell!!

Zaph wrote: »
    Nothing reasonably priced about the services of one of the Brothers for the evening. You're paying top dollar for quantity there, and if you're really lucky there may also be a bit of quality. ;)

SOLD!!!! Where do i pay :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

my brother married a spanish girl and she was telling us that the tradition over there is that the bride to be is blind folded, then her friends get to dress her up in whatever way they want, in her case, a gypsy, and she had to wear it for the whole night. On top of that , they went to dinner, and she had to go around to all the tables in the restaurant and leave a sprig of rosemary, and at the end of dinner she had to go round and see if any of the tables would give her a donation for the rosemary to "pay for the dinner"..she got like 20c..

Wouldnt ya just be morto?

• Advertisement
Advertisement