Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeats

Options
  • 24-08-2008 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Whats the story with Repeats..? Anyone here done them in the past?

I have two to do cause I missed a lot of time through illness in the first semester but the lectures are useless at giving help in the lead up to them.. I can't get in touch and they won't tell me what format paper to expect and if it'll be the same as the one I failed.

Why are lecturers so annoying!!!!!!!??????? :L

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 therhythmbyrne

The repeats are usually harder. I had to take one once and the lecturer made it damn near impossible, best thing to do is go above the lecturer if you can't get in contact.

The exams never differ too much from year to year even the repeats check out the library for some past papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Buffman

Depending on the lecturer the repeat may be harder or the same.

I would try and get the notes off somebody in your class if possible if you missed out on a lot.

Your right, lecturers are a rare species during the summer, but they tend to be back just before the repeats to prepare stuff. Although one of our guys told us he prepares both the xmas/summer & autumn papers at the same time.

Hope you get on ok.:)

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Lecturers are on holidays from June 20th to September 1st so thats why you can't contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Buffman wrote: »
    Your right, lecturers are a rare species during the summer, but they tend to be back just before the repeats to prepare stuff. Although one of our guys told us he prepares both the xmas/summer & autumn papers at the same time.

Yep, they do bother of them around Easter. One of our lecturer even starts dropping hints around then incase we fail :D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭B2k

Well I would have passed one of my repeats but the lecturer gave us all "hints" and then didn't put any of them on the actual exam so most of our class have to repeat it.. And none of the past repeat papers are on the library website..

I thought lecturers were out to help students! Not screw them over!!!???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Buffman

If you can't find papers online you may have to call into the lib or ring them. Also, if your course code changed in the last few years they may be filed under the old one.

So many people repeating the same subject may be a good thing, as if loads failed it again serious questions would be asked about the lecturer, so it may be slightly easier. Or not:D

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

Advertisement