Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The low down on Classics

Options
  • 24-08-2008 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hey there,

In the middle of deciding what subjects to take on for the leaving cert, will be doin it in 2010, looking for someone to give me an idea of what classics is all about?

Ive an interest in Roman history as well as greek, and i love all those gladiator and troy styled films haha..

Cheers!

-Dan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

It's quite a handy subject when you have an interest in it.

Basically most teachers do these topics -

1-The Aeneid and The Odyssey, greek and roman epic poems, both similar as the Aeneid was written using the format of the Odyssey.

2-Meda, Oedipus Rex, Prometheus Bound, three greek plays, all fairly easy, Prom. is a bit more boring as it's all about Gods and crap.

3-Roman Art and Architecture, can include bridges, Trajan's Column etc and mosaics, wall paintings, temples.

4-Alexander, Basic run through of Alexander's greek campaigns up through Pursian invasion and death.

You need to answer 8 questions in the exam, 2 from each topic.

Anymore questions, as I wasn't exactly detailed here, PM me.

Advertisement