Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is "Liquid Plumber" or its equivilant availible in Ireland?

Options
  • 24-08-2008 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

When I was in the States one could get "Liquid plumber" in any hardware. It would dissolve most things in its path and free the pipe works leading from the jacks. Is this stuff available here under a different name? What Chemical is it based on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

i think its sulphuric acid and its available in most plumbing suppliers ,cant think of the brand its retailed under but it is available in ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

landydef wrote: »
    i think its sulphuric acid and its available in most plumbing suppliers ,cant think of the brand its retailed under but it is available in ireland

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Actually I think it's based on a mixture of Sodium Hydroxide and Sodium Hypochlorite. You can buy Sodium Hydroxide in most hardware shops where it's usually called Caustic Soda

Link to Wiki

Advertisement