Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to eat off campus around UCC

Options
  • 24-08-2008 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Where is the best place to grab some food off campus in UCC, on campus aint so tasty? Lennox's, Cissies, Subway, Kiwi?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭rm_2008

theres a place right outside the gates that i hit i think its called the ege grill?its lik a kebab take away but they do unreal pizzas but its extremely hot food so it takes a while to get into ya!!they hav student deals as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I usually just get a sandwich/roll from Daybreak on College Road and eat it in the Main Rest or Student Centre. They serve spicy chicken that's really nice! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

i say bring your own lunch and say 25 euro a week from not getting an over-expensive sandwich ! =D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭One-Day-Juande

I'd go for the daybreak too, the small one on Gillabey not the one near the main entrance though. Sandwich deal, big ass sammitch, can, and a pack of crisps all for 3.50.

Green kiwi is nice too and they've dropped their prices to 2.50 any sandwitch at the moment, don't know how long that'll last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

My knowledge of Kiwi is that is pricey and there's hardly ever a free seat during the busy hours. So I go to Cissie's instead - there's great food and pleasant service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Id say bring your own lunch as well, it will usually end up being nicer than what you get in a shop, and a helluva lot cheaper, the most important factor in the life of a student!:D. Failing that, if you are up for a walk, go to oliverplunket street centra. The sandwiches inside there are incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭A-Bit-Dodge

I know I really shouldnt' open this can of worms but, eurosaver menu is gonna save me hundreds this year...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Refresh

Id say bring your own lunch as well, it will usually end up being nicer than what you get in a shop, and a helluva lot cheaper, the most important factor in the life of a student!:D. Failing that, if you are up for a walk, go to oliverplunket street centra. The sandwiches inside there are incredible!

very expensive though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I know I really shouldnt' open this can of worms but, eurosaver menu is gonna save me hundreds this year...:pac:

lol....legend.

Centra up on Denroches Cross ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

can't go wrong with sub of the day!

Domnio's pizza is good too but a fairly long walk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

cafe de la paix down by the Kino is nice. deadly breakfast, decent coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 deepiojay

i'd wish they would open a competitive food court on campus, that student center is suppose to be owned by the students, but its not being run for the student benifit. if they has 5-6 competiting food places that would be the job. sorry thats not off campus

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 137 ✭✭Pi^2

I know town is a bit of a walk but every ucc student should at least once stroll into the english market for lunch. Savage healty fresh food everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Lennoxs if you're up for a really good feed.. I work down the road so I am quite regular.. haven't been in 3 months and can't wait to have some when I get home!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 giles01

I usually just get a sandwich/roll from Daybreak on College Road. They serve spicy chicken that's really nice! :)

Can't beat it :D!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Rich89

If your in town, specifically McCurtins Street (near leisureplex) then I would defo recommend Ger's Deli. Best hot chicken roll in the city with a max cost of E3.25! It may be a bit of trek but if you feel like it, its well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Jannah

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    i say bring your own lunch and say 25 euro a week from not getting an over-expensive sandwich ! =D
    Lol, I didn't want to say it myself but DAMN RIGHT!! I dunno why people waste their money- maw is gonna be packin me my lunch till I'm 30 :p

Advertisement