Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many cups a day?

• 24-08-2008 9:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭

On average, how many cups of tea/coffee do you drink a day?

I drink at least five cups of tea a day. I usually drink more than ten cups a day.

I don't know why I drink so much. I guess it's a bit of an impulsion at this stage. I put the kettle on almost as soon as I finish a cup.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

It varies a great deal with me from day to day. I tend to drink a lot more at the weekend than I would during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

i love tea!!! 10-15 (cant be good for a person)....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Taylieboo

I drink about 5 cups of coffee a day would love more but i wouldn't sleep much if it did.
    My husband would drink at least 10 cups a day. I am constantly picking up cups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I'd rarely go above 6 cups in a day (although they would all tend to be double espressos unless I'm making filter).

Some days I might only have 2, but those days are becoming rarer and rarer.

The odd day I go completely mad and lose count, get the shakes, get agitated once it wears off etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 NI_Roaster

Probably actually drink about 6 per day - will always be a variety of espresso / americano / capp / filter. Although in addition to that I sample an awful lot more

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Taylieboo

I have just recently switched to De-caff coffee so thats how i can drink a lot of it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

5 cups of tea a day.....power out yesterday morning, didnt get my dawn cuppa til midday, it was like I had cold turkey :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Taylieboo wrote: »
    My husband would drink at least 10 cups a day. I am constantly picking up cups.

:eek:
    RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    I'd rarely go above 6 cups in a day (although they would all tend to be double espressos unless I'm making filter).

Some days I might only have 2, but those days are becoming rarer and rarer.

The odd day I go completely mad and lose count, get the shakes, get agitated once it wears off etc etc.

I'm more or less the same as this. I've only had two today, but by jebus they've been strong. Strong but delicious. I'll only have 1 more today. 1 more strong but delicious. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

I'd say about 3 a day on average. Although having said that, I'm starting college again to do a masters in a couple of weeks so I imagine that may well be doubled! :D

Oh and by *cups* I really mean *mugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

1 cup of coffee in the morning, 2 on a really bad day, then maybe 2 cups of tea. None after 7,otherwise I will be awake all night!!!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Try to limit to 2 cups of java per day. If I drink more, you'll find me clawing the ceiling like the vamp in Underworld when she discovered Michael had been bitten!

No average for tea. Whenever...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭DenMan

As for the last month ago it seems to be at 5 (2 tea, 3 coffee) daily. Drinking too much I 'm afraid. Switched to de-caff there a few weeks ago so at least the caffeine intake is down. Unfortunately I have re-discovered an old friend, Dr Pepper, which is where I derive my main caffeine boost from. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Quality not quantity folks ;)

Some years back my daily consumption of coffee was in double figures.
    Now I average 4-6 double shots a day with maybe a couple more on
    weekends or if I'm working from home. I just can't drink most of the
    muck that passes for coffee in this country when I'm out and about.

PS: When we get the profanity filter set-up to ban 'instant' can we also add 'decaf' ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

2 or 3 cups of coffee & maybe 2 cups of tea. I love my coffee in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I'd have about 4 mugs of tea and coffee in the day, varying amounts of either.

I figure that as long as you can copy&paste you're not drinking too much. (I had a boss who literally couldn't - his hands shook too much).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

Hi, I was wandering around the Interweb looking for a decent coffee maker while camping, came across this forum ....
    I used to average out around 15 cups of coffee a day, at the moment I'm down to about 4/5 (I can only get instant in work), but thanks to some of the threads here, I've just bought an Aeropress, so if my kidneys fail it is you that I will point the finger to :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Fontaine

Exactly like me :pac: Coffee in the morning then a cup or 2 cups of tea later.
    I don't know how anyone can drink 10 cups of tea a day!
    JaneyMc wrote: »
    1 cup of coffee in the morning, 2 on a really bad day, then maybe 2 cups of tea. None after 7,otherwise I will be awake all night!!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Usually about 3, coffee in the morning is the best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭billyblanks

monday - Friday about 3 or 4 a day...no more.

Sat- Sunday.....If the roast is right I could easly have 3 cups in the morning and another 3 during the day....so abaout 6 for each sat sun....

As somebody mentioned...nothing better than the first coffee of the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

i guess i'd average out about ten - twelve per day, depending, in a combination of espresso/latte/americano's..

weekends would be more, i've often felt that my aimless wanderings around town of a saturday seem to be not so aimless as opposed to coffee driven, and i shudder (not the shakes ;) ) at times to think of the amount of money spent on coffee on these days

although lately, my daily is dropping, mostly because of the sh***y instant coffee machine they've decided to install in work.. i'm seriously thinking of bringing in a spare cafetiere just for using for my desk :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

6-8 cups of tea a day. Used to drink 10-15 cups of coffee a day, but gave it up about 5 months ago. It's great to be rid of that twitchiness all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭leiwand

more than three espressos a day and I'm the duracell bunny on coke!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I'd say about 4 or 5 if I have work. If I'm not working that day, I generally don't drink tea. I might have one for breakfast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

about 4 cups of tea, and 3 coffee's on my average day.
    have to start cutting down now though. It's killing me, mostly because I drink tea more than water now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭click4444

5 cups or more a day everyday didnt really think much about it, must cut down. :p it's part of my day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭AmyG

About five usually btu only on my second today!!! :D

Advertisement