Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses to electric picnic.

Options
  • 24-08-2008 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know what companies are going,when,how much,etc?A friend needs to know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Hey
    just rang JJ kavanagh buses there and despite its on d official ep site they will not be providing buses this year!
    So donno of any others as yet - surely though there will be one!! ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

ugh, just came here to check if anyone knew of buses to picnic....eeek... ah will keep an eye on this thread for sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

http://www.sisi.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1256
    Might be worth getting in touch with Ferg there if you haven't been able to sort anything out...

Still having a look with and no services are advertised!Mmm mm lift scavaging prob or get train suposedly a couple of mini buses there will bridge the commute for about 5 euros!!
    I dont even want to go anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

the dublin train stops in portlaoise and you can then get a taxi to stradbally, between a few people its cheap enough

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

tman wrote: »
    http://www.sisi.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1256
    Might be worth getting in touch with Ferg there if you haven't been able to sort anything out...

Thanks for that! will give him a buzz later on

Ya but train prices on a friday a bit steep! Not sure how much to portlaoise but 47ish to dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

oh yea! forgot about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

A mate is getting a Bus Eireann leaving Fri at 12 to Picnic.
    Zhivago were selling tix, and saw something in the 'tiser for City Link, both leaving crack o'dawn-ish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

god i wish i had a ticket and the only problem was how to get there, im sure ye cud goto some forum and find a lift or even go retro and use ur thumb and a sign might even meet some real people

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

Citylink - leave Galway at 615 am Friday; Leave EP at 8 am Monday; 35 Return.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

If you are planning to take the train to Portlaoise plus a taxi from there, go as early as possible.
    Last year it was taking 1.5 hrs to get from Portlaoise to the picnic at 4:30pm and 4 hrs at 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    Ya but train prices on a friday a bit steep! Not sure how much to portlaoise but 47ish to dublin!

€19.50 from dublin for a single, although thats early in the morning

Went to zhivagos, got their bus ticket (€40 return), leaves 7.30 friday morn from cathedral, leaves picnic at 10am monday... (if I got this info wrong, PLEASE tell me)

Advertisement