Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cameras - Photos

Options
  • 24-08-2008 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Im off now for 5 weeks in Aus, Im wondering what's the best way to store/ upload your pictures while travelling around ..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭irelandsown

I bought an 8GB USB memory stick today in PC World for 39.99. I have a 1Gb card in my camera so will just transfer photos over to that while I'm travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Store - burn them on cd or a flash memory stick
    can buy a 2Gb stick for around $15 (9euro) in Oz

Upload - try picassa/pix.ie / flickr / photobucket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 SquirrelOnCrack

You can store them for free on www.photobucket.com or most internet cafes will put them on a disk for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Well depends on your camera first

What sort of memory card it can accept. 8 Gb memory cards are good because you can take a load of photo's n video. But also I know from experience how bad it is to lose a 8 Gb card full of pictures.

To overcome this you could buy something like DigiMate III SATA USB 2.0 OTG Hard Disk Enclosure (with Card Reader slots) Which is a portable harddrive that you can upload your photos to from your memory cards . Handy when you don't have a laptop with you . This is only the enclouser . You would also have to buy a 2.5 harddrive to fit into it .

What I’d advise is use the biggest card you camera can accept. Also buy a backup one as well. Also upload then to some where like

Picasa Web Albums Googles photos with 2 gb of space for picture free

Flickr - Photo Sharing You get less space on here for free .

A lot of net cafes will allow you to upload photos and have card readers.

Hope some of this helps

Advertisement