Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimmen + On The Batter + ''The'' Shoes

Options
  • 24-08-2008 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Wimmen!!

If you are on the batter and wearing the new shoes that'll cut the jaysis outa yer feet.

Instead of walking the dirty old town barefoot like a '50's pikey, have a pair of flip-flops in the bag.

;)

Just somthing i've noticed ''behind the wheel'' alot of recent.

Comments

Your lickle aren't you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from After Hours.

Edit: Damn, should have moved this to beer guts for the larf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Your lickle aren't you.

17 St and 6 foot odd.

..no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Volvoboy wrote: »
    Wimmen!!

If you are on the batter and wearing the new shoes that'll cut the jaysis outa yer feet.

Instead of walking the dirty old town barefoot like a '50's pikey, have a pair of flip-flops in the bag.

;)

Just somthing i've noticed ''behind the wheel'' alot of recent.

Already do :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

My sister and her friends do this. I find it odd that they bring more shoes out with them then I needed for 5 days in Scotland.

• Advertisement

Clare Bear wrote: »

It still baffles me as to why other birds wimmen dont do it, ya know spent all the day puttin on the war paint, fake tan, doin the nails and the guna nua. to walk the streets barefoot at about 1am.

17 St and 6 foot odd.

..no

a/s/l? Linky?

Pretty shoes make me feel like a lady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

I hate that word flip flops. Always did.

But its a good idea none the less. I think i will bring my slippers instead though i dont like that middle bit sticking in between me toes.

Although a better suggestion is for you to bring your volvo and give us a lift :D

Moonbaby wrote: »
    a/s/l? Linky?

Pm sent;)
    Trinity1 wrote: »

But its a good idea none the less. I think i will bring my slippers instead though i dont like that middle bit sticking in between me toes.

Although a better suggestion is for you to bring your volvo and give us a lift :D

How about flip-flips? Or flop-flops!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Clare Bear wrote: »

me too :)

can only last the night in high shoes if im so incredibly drunk that i no longer feel pain. & even then ill usually end up in my flip flops by the end of the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Hmm I think 17 stone requires a height of at least 6 foot 5, otherwise its a beer belly or 'heavy bones'.

Real women walk through the pain.

V high f*ck me shoes ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Or those soft pumps you can roll up, genius, fit easy in bags, many a blister they've saved my poor feet walking to the Nitelink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

So is it easier for ye to run from weird guys barefoot or in heels?

Peared wrote: »
    Hmm I think 17 stone requires a height of at least 6 foot 5, otherwise its a beer belly or 'heavy bones'.

Real women walk through the pain.

V high f*ck me shoes ftw.

Dont expect any pearing with me so.

After all i'm a real man...

..Grr

So is it easier for ye to run from weird guys barefoot or in heels?

Yes, this is how I decide what to wear on my feet.

Dont expect any pearing with me so.

After all i'm a real man...

..Grr

You know the drill, pics or.....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Or you could just say that life is too short to wear uncomfortable shoes, and actually wear shoes you can walk in :)

/doesn't own a pair of heels

Peared wrote: »
    You know the drill, pics or.....

275024087a8566870042ml.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

i did that last night was wear black heels which were grand till like 3 in the morning then it was just too sore so threw on black flats insted

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

If I'm wearing the sore shoes I'll throw an old pair of ballet slippers in my bag. They roll up small and are comfortable enough. I'd wait until I left wherever I was though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

Or you could just say that life is too short to wear uncomfortable shoes, and actually wear shoes you can walk in :)

/doesn't own a pair of heels
    After 15 years of buying shoes, I've learnt to feel if they're going to be comfortable or not.
    I own maybe 4 pairs of flats, the rest are high heeled. And I can walk in my heels even if not pished. it's all about the hight of the heel btw ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

well, in nz they're jandals.
    in oz they're thongs. :D

and personally, i loathe the idea of wearing anything with heels. dreadful, awful things. how anyone can walk in them, i will never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XZ3K3i7V48

I think this might be the solution...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Meh, I love my heels, and can walk in all of them, but after 6-8 hours standing/walking in them I thrown on a pair of flat pumps to go get the nitelink.
    The girls who can't walk in shoes + the girls who don't bother bring jackets out are the funniest things to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

ive been going barefoot around dublin for the past god i don't know how many years and i don't plan on stopping now. and i hate big bags as it is so i'm def not going to bring out one on a night out. lucky for me though ill be wearing me new sandles (that i got last year and still not worn) at my mates hen night so there will be no sore feet as they are made of real leather. :P

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Not wishing to state the obvious here, but isn't walking around the streets of Dublin barefoot just a bit dangerous? God knows what you could end up walking on, glass, dog crap, etc., especially if you've had a few and aren't really paying attention to where you're walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i still can't understand how people get that drunk and still stand on the bleedin things. i can barely walk in them sober.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

well zaph the one time i did walk to the night link in shoes somone stood on my foot pretty hard and i sprained it. and when i walk i'm always looking at the ground. have never stood in something i shouldn't stand on. it's an art what can i say:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

Yuck, I could never walk around in bare feet in a city.
    I dont buy shoes which I wont be able to walk in anymore. There are too many pairs of unworn high heels at home as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I've walked the streets of Dublin barefoot loads of times. I'd be able to walk and dance in the shoes the whole night but then once tiredness hits the poor feet just give up in the shoes. I don't have room in my bag for extra shoes I hate big bags, I'm going out for a night, not a weekend away, there's no need to bring 'luggage bags' with you.

Hasn't killed me yet!!

Advertisement