Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alfa 147

Options
  • 24-08-2008 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭

Thinking of buying an Alfa 147. Is this a good idea or bad. They seem to be cheap enough for a used one. Do they have the same old Alfa fall apart build quality or are they reliable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

DingDong wrote: »
    Is this a good idea or bad.

Is what a good deal? Do you have a link to a particular motor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MOTIVATED

The 147 is not without its problems, but most of them are minor enough. There is great value to be had, I saw a 05 Alfa 147 with small mileage for sale for under 10k the other day. They are a great driving car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Is what a good deal? Do you have a link to a particular motor?
    It seems alright just spotted it in Adverts.ie for 4k for a 01. I like the look of the 147 its mainly the girlfriend who be driving it though. Currently have a golf but just looking for a bit of a change.
    As long as it not as bad as an old rover 214 I had I might give it a look. The head gasket blew on it twice. I was dumb enough to get it fixed a second time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MOTIVATED

Be careful pre the 03 147 gave serious gearbox problems, and some problems with window regs ( these are expensive to have repaired )

Advertisement