Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Babel -Vs- Nani

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Headshot wrote: »
    babel will go to arsenal and wenger will make him into a world beater :-)

he'll go to a mid-reputation European club where he's played as an out and out striker and he'll start banging in a few goals. he wont be good enough for Arsenal or Pool at this rate, progress this season has been disappointing i've thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

I must admit at the time i thought Babel was the better prospect TBH but he has been very disapointing. At the turn of the year both himself and Benni wanted out if not offered regular team football. I'm sure Rafa said prove your worth a starting place in the team and Benni has done that and more. Babel has'nt come close. Terrible attitude. Nani has never impressed me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

This discussion will only be settled when we see what fee both clubs get for each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭mada999

prendy wrote: »
    stevie G was full of praise for him on sly sports last night, he must be brilliant in training or something coz i honestly havent seen him play well in ages.

I am another who woulnt mind him leaving *if* we get back what we paid for him. Riera is a better option on the left.

agreed...couldn't believe when Stevie said it....

been watchin Babel now for ages....his attitude stinks...he's afraid to get into a 50:50 challenge. hope he is sold in the summer tbh... doesn't have the desire..he's more interested in his rap career if you ask me,.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Xavi6 wrote: »
    FYP

All equally crap.

As Phil Jupitus put it on the Times podcast this week, Kalou is a waste of a shirt.
    Kalou is better than both. Might not be top class, but better than the other two.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I'd say both players are on a similar skill level, so I'll give it to Babel because he is more consistent at playing at that level. Not a world-beater by any stretch, but better than Nani imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Babel is marginally better than Nani, but both are fairly useless.

Kalou is a handy enough player I think, maybe not at the level he's currently playing at though.

Advertisement